Mechanical engineer and scientific researcher.

In summary, a mechanical engineer and scientific researcher is a highly skilled professional who applies principles of physics and materials science to design, develop, and test mechanical devices and systems for various industries. They use advanced technology and mathematical models to analyze and improve the performance of mechanical components and create innovative solutions to complex problems. They also conduct research and experiments to gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles governing the behavior of materials and processes, and apply this knowledge to improve existing technology or develop new materials and techniques. Overall, a career as a mechanical engineer and scientific researcher offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to contribute to the advancement of science and technology.
Thelamon
How did you find PF?
A Dutch forum.
Hi,

I'm Dutch, not any kind of Quark ;-) (so excuse me for any bad English) and I'm very curious about "how the universe works". Cosmology/astrophysics and modern physics (quantum, relativity). I find it all mighty intersting. Actually all physics and also how it's all developed and "evolved", so the history of it all (I think that's learnful besides interesting as well).

I understand special relativity quite well, but don't understand all mathematics of GR (yet). I understands what it all comes down to though.

QM and especially QFT are, as I understand 90% complex mathematics, so I'm pretty much a layperson on that.

I'm (or would be) much more a theoretical physicist than a mathematical phyicist. Pretty much like Einstein 😉. Jk, I like a joke every now and then. Most forums are so uptight imo.

I'm here hopefully to help people when I can, but more to increase my knowledge.

I hope that if I ask "dumb questions" it's not immediately removed because of some supposedly duplicate (while I mean something completely different) or when it needs more context. I mean I'm not an expert on the topics I mentioned and so .. it sometimes hard to formulate the question right, specially in English.

(I see that those tags that automatically come forward are not spelled correct .. weirdly enough.)

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. It's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes Thelamon