Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal Search

In summary, the speaker is asking for recommendations for a suitable stainless steel substrate for their etching process. They are specifically looking for a grade 304 stainless steel with a thickness of 0.3mm and need it to be straight and flat for their microfluidic, micro-channel array project. The speaker has not been on this platform for some time and is asking for help from the community to find a reputable company to purchase the substrate from. They provide their contact information for anyone who can assist them.
That Neuron
Hi All!

Haven't been here for some time, the changes are looking good!

Anyway, formalities aside, I am having serious problems sourcing and implementing a suitable stainless steel (Grade: 304; thickness: 0.3mm) substrate for my etching process.

I'm currently working on developing a microfluidic, micro-channel array in a conductive metal substrate, however, nothing that I can seem to procure is straight and flat enough for me to work with, do any of you prestigious fellows have some highfalutin companies from which I could purchase a conductive metal sheet (preferably SS 304) of the aforementioned dimensions?

I implore you, good people of the PF whom I have so long abandoned!

We may be able to help you. Find me at conardcorp.com

1. What is Microchannel Array etching?

Microchannel Array etching is a process used to create small channels or grooves on the surface of stainless steel metal. These channels are typically measured in microns and are used in various industries such as microfluidics, electronics, and optics.

2. What is the purpose of Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal?

The purpose of Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal is to create precise and controlled channels for the manipulation of fluids, gases, or light. This process allows for the production of intricate designs and patterns on the surface of the metal, which can be used in various applications.

3. What are the benefits of using Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal?

There are several benefits of using Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal, including high precision and accuracy in channel size and shape, the ability to create complex designs and patterns, and the production of channels with smooth surfaces, which reduces the risk of fluid or gas flow disruption.

4. How is Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal performed?

Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal is typically performed using a combination of chemical and physical processes. The metal is first coated with a photosensitive material, and then a pattern is transferred onto the surface using a photolithography technique. This is followed by a chemical etching process, which removes the unprotected areas of the metal. Finally, the photosensitive material is removed, leaving behind the desired microchannels.

5. What are some applications of Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal?

Microchannel Array etching in Stainless Steel Metal is commonly used in microfluidic devices for lab-on-a-chip applications, electronic cooling systems, optical filters and sensors, and microreactors for chemical synthesis. It is also used in the production of medical devices, such as drug delivery systems and implantable sensors.

Back