Microspectrophotometers -- manufacturing process

In summary: I don't know how much of it you want to get into, but, you will find sections on IC processing, lithography, etc.In summary, the conversation is about finding information on the production process of microspectrophotometers for a presentation. The person seeking help has some knowledge about the device and is specifically looking for information on the manufacturing process, such as etching, masks, and other steps involved. However, the expert suggests that it may be a difficult task to find detailed information on the manufacturing process and suggests looking at system block diagrams to understand each subsystem. Additionally, the expert recommends a book on electrical engineering that covers IC processing and lithography, which may provide some insight into the manufacturing process of microspectrophotometers
Samisaviv
Hello!

Can someone please help me with finding a full explanation on the production (manufacture) process of microspectrophotometers?

I need to do a presentation on microspectrophotometers and I have a problem with finding this information.

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
the question has to be asked ...

Why are you doing a presentation on something you know nothing about ??

You can start here:
http://www.microspectra.com/support/service-contracts/microspectrophotometer-design

And look at images for "microspectrophotometer design"

I doubt you will find much on the actual manufacturing process, that is, how the pieces are put together and the system is validated.

Last edited by a moderator:
davenn said:
the question has to be asked ...

Why are you doing a presentation on something you know nothing about ??

I know a bit about it.. but that's the idea, to learn about some device you don't know and do a presentation on it.

thanks

meBigGuy said:
You can start here:
http://www.microspectra.com/support/service-contracts/microspectrophotometer-design

And look at images for "microspectrophotometer design"

I doubt you will find much on the actual manufacturing process, that is, how the pieces are put together and the system is validated.

Thanks!
I know this website and I used it, but I also need more info about the manufacturing process.. hopefully I will find some info about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you familiar with manufacturing processes in general? Are there specific areas of the manufacturing that you are curious about?
Most of them have nothing to do with the operating characteristics or principles of the device being built. And, they have little to do with the actual technical or operational nature of the sub-systems, sub-system testing, systems, system testing, components, system integration, assembly, quality control, inspection, etc etc etc.
So, I'm kind of curious about what sort of things you want to learn from understanding the manufacturing process of this particular device?
Ask a few specific "manufacturing process " questions.

meBigGuy said:
Are you familiar with manufacturing processes in general? Are there specific areas of the manufacturing that you are curious about?
Most of them have nothing to do with the operating characteristics or principles of the device being built. And, they have little to do with the actual technical or operational nature of the sub-systems, sub-system testing, systems, system testing, components, system integration, assembly, quality control, inspection, etc etc etc.
So, I'm kind of curious about what sort of things you want to learn from understanding the manufacturing process of this particular device?
Ask a few specific "manufacturing process " questions.

I am familiar with manufactoring processes in general, I've studied 2 courses about this subject.
I need to explain about the device and part of it suppose to be about it's manufactoring process.
You can see the idea in the picture (step by step of how to create the device).
All the etching, masks etc.. that's what I need. To explain how to create this in a lab, not how it works (I've also explained this in the presentation, now I need to add the manufactoring process).

Thanks!

Attachments

• transistor.png
    transistor.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 552
I'm not going to be able to provide any insight into the manufacture that particular instrument or any of its subsystems.
But, you are talking chip (masks, etch, etc) and asking about a complex system containing many assemblies.
Or, are you just asking about the sensor?
I can only suggest you take one of the many system block diagrams that are available and talk about each of its subsystems. But it seems like a huge task to break down the manufacturing of all those assemblies.

1. What is a microspectrophotometer?

A microspectrophotometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the absorption, reflectance, and emission of light by materials at a microscopic level. It is commonly used in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, materials science, and forensics.

2. How is a microspectrophotometer manufactured?

The manufacturing process of a microspectrophotometer involves several steps. It begins with the design and development of the instrument, followed by the selection and procurement of high-quality components. These components are then assembled and calibrated to ensure accuracy and precision. Finally, the instrument undergoes rigorous testing and quality control before being released to the market.

3. What materials are used in the manufacturing of a microspectrophotometer?

Microspectrophotometers are typically made of a combination of metal, glass, and plastic components. The internal components, such as the light source, detector, and optics, are usually made of specialized materials such as quartz, sapphire, and silicon. The outer casing may be made of aluminum or stainless steel to provide durability and stability to the instrument.

4. What factors affect the accuracy of a microspectrophotometer?

The accuracy of a microspectrophotometer can be influenced by several factors, including the quality of the components, the calibration process, and the user's technique. Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity can also affect the performance of the instrument. Regular maintenance and calibration can help ensure the accuracy and reliability of the measurements.

5. How can a microspectrophotometer be used in different industries?

Microspectrophotometers have a wide range of applications in various industries. In pharmaceuticals, they are used for drug analysis and quality control. In materials science, they can be used to analyze the composition and properties of materials. In forensics, they are used for trace evidence analysis. Other industries that can benefit from the use of microspectrophotometers include biotechnology, environmental science, and food science.