Multipage Posters on Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis (Calvin Cycle) etc

Cellular-Respiration-Posters_i838194_.htmIn summary, the speaker is a geeky person looking for multipage posters of cellular respiration and photosynthesis to print and put on their wall. They ask for recommendations and the response suggests several sources for these types of posters.
Invictious
Since I'm such a geeky person (trust me, my computer desktop background are digits of the pi), I'm looking for multipage posters (several A4 sheets of paper) in which I can just print out, tape them, and stick them on my wall.

As said in the thread title I am looking for posters for the following processes:

1) Cellular respiration (incl. glycolysis, krebs cycle, oxidative phosphrylation etc in converting energy from fuel into ATP)

2) Photosynthesis (incl. Calvin Cycle, Electron transfer, proton transfer etc)

Currently these are the ones I can think of. I would really appreciate it if anyone can provide a few multipage prinout posters for me.

Thanks.

Biology news on Phys.org

Dear fellow scientist,

I completely understand your enthusiasm for science and your desire to have educational posters to decorate your wall. As a scientist myself, I am always on the lookout for informative and visually appealing resources to aid in my understanding of complex processes.

For cellular respiration, I recommend checking out the National Institutes of Health (NIH) website, specifically the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) page on cellular respiration. They have a series of interactive diagrams and posters that explain the various steps and pathways involved in cellular respiration. These can be printed out and assembled into a multipage poster for your wall.

Another great resource for cellular respiration is the Khan Academy website. They have a series of videos and diagrams that break down each step of cellular respiration and explain it in a clear and concise manner. You can also pause and rewind the videos as needed to fully understand each concept. You can print out screenshots from the videos to create your own personalized multipage poster.

For photosynthesis, the University of Arizona has a great website with interactive diagrams and posters on the Calvin cycle, electron transfer, and proton transfer. These can be printed out and assembled into a multipage poster as well.

The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) also has a collection of posters on photosynthesis that you may find helpful. These posters include visuals and explanations of the photosynthesis process, as well as its importance in sustaining life on Earth.

Overall, I would recommend using a combination of these resources to create your own personalized multipage posters on cellular respiration and photosynthesis. This will not only help you understand the processes better, but also allow you to customize the posters to your liking. I hope these suggestions are helpful and I wish you all the best in your scientific endeavors.

Sincerely,

1. What is cellular respiration?

Cellular respiration is the process by which cells break down glucose to produce ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the main source of energy for cellular processes. This process takes place in the mitochondria of cells and involves several biochemical reactions.

2. How is the Calvin Cycle related to photosynthesis?

The Calvin Cycle, also known as the dark reaction or the light-independent reaction, is one of the stages of photosynthesis. It takes place in the chloroplasts of plant cells and uses the energy from ATP and NADPH to convert carbon dioxide into glucose, which is used as energy by the plant.

3. What is the purpose of photosynthesis?

The main purpose of photosynthesis is to convert light energy from the sun into chemical energy in the form of glucose. This glucose can then be used by the plant for growth, reproduction, and other cellular processes. Photosynthesis also plays a crucial role in the production of oxygen, which is essential for the survival of most living organisms.

4. How does cellular respiration contribute to global warming?

Cellular respiration is one of the major sources of carbon dioxide emissions. During this process, cells release carbon dioxide as a byproduct, which contributes to the greenhouse effect and global warming. The burning of fossil fuels, which releases large amounts of carbon dioxide, is also a form of cellular respiration.

5. What are the differences between aerobic and anaerobic respiration?

Aerobic respiration requires oxygen and produces a large amount of ATP, while anaerobic respiration does not require oxygen and produces a smaller amount of ATP. Aerobic respiration is more efficient and is the preferred method for most organisms, while anaerobic respiration is used by some microorganisms and can also occur in human muscle cells during intense exercise.

Back