Multiple submission to journal and conference

In summary, the individual inquires about the possibility of submitting the same research work to both a journal and a conference, with the intention of keeping the work in whichever venue provides the faster review result. The responder advises against submitting the same work to multiple journals, as it can harm the individual's career. They also suggest presenting a specific aspect of the work at the conference, rather than the same exact work that will be submitted to the journal. Additionally, the responder mentions the importance of using proper capitalization when submitting work.
equation M
can i submit same research work (multiple submission) in two different journal and conference?

after getting the final result i will keep the work either in the journal or in the conference.

i have submitted the work to a journal and the review result will take a long time.

in the meantime a conference is going to be held and its deadline is nearby. can i submit the work to the conference also?

or it will be considered as plagiarism. will it be harmful to my research carrier?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's reasonably common for results to be presented in brief at conferences and then be written up more formally for submission to a journal. Usually for a poster presentation, a 10 minute talk, and/or a conference abstract, you don't have the time/space to go into great detail about your work - so that is often reserved for the papers. Often what people will do is present a specific aspect of their work in the conference and not the exact same thing that will be submitted to a journal.

You should not submit the same work to multiple journals. People do it, and some even seem to get away with it from time to time, but it's a good way to kill your career.

Also, you should learn how to use capital letters before you submit anything anywhere.

You already asked this here.

1. What is multiple submission to journal and conference?

Multiple submission is the act of submitting the same research paper or study to more than one journal or conference at the same time. This is typically done to increase the chances of getting published or to receive feedback from multiple sources.

2. Is multiple submission considered ethical in the scientific community?

The answer to this question can vary. Some journals and conferences may have strict policies against multiple submission, while others may allow it as long as it is disclosed. It is important to check the specific guidelines of each publication before submitting.

3. What are the potential consequences of multiple submission?

If multiple submission is not allowed by the journals or conferences, the paper may be rejected by both or all of them. This could also harm the researcher's reputation and credibility in the scientific community. Additionally, it may delay the publication process for other researchers who may have similar findings.

4. How can I avoid unintentional multiple submission?

To avoid unintentional multiple submission, it is important to keep track of all the journals and conferences that have been submitted to. This can be done by creating a spreadsheet or using a reference management software. It is also helpful to thoroughly read the submission guidelines of each publication before submitting.

5. Are there any alternatives to multiple submission?

Yes, instead of submitting the same paper to multiple journals or conferences, researchers can consider submitting different versions of the paper to different publications. They can also present their findings at conferences and then submit the full paper to a journal for publication. Additionally, researchers can collaborate with other scientists to publish their work in a single publication.