My 5-Day Hospital Adventure - Surviving Cold Sprays and X-Rays!

In summary, the person had a successful hip replacement surgery and spent five days in the hospital. They experienced some discomfort during the epidural and getting moved for X-rays, but are now on the road to recovery. They did not receive a button and are now a part of the "HipCLuuub."
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
So i spent 5 day in hospital, apart from three occasions every thing went well i elected to go for an epidural, and o boy, they sprayed my back with something that was colder than the arctic, it was a real pain full cold:mad:.
After the operation i laid in bed with no feeling from my waist down, and my legs were moving of their own accord:eek:
Last thing was when they took me down to Xray for a follow up picture, they all most killed me getting me off my bed and onto a trolley:mad:
But any way i have my new hip now:biggrin:

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
But any way i have my new hip now:biggrin:

Glad to hear you are OK :smile:

Likes StevieTNZ
hip, hip hooray!

EDIT: Get better soon; I was just trying to cheer you up.

Last edited:
Likes Drakkith
I hope you continue to get better Wolram! :oldlove:

Likes wolram
Evo said:
I hope you continue to get better Wolram! :oldlove:
Eye lass i am on my feet ready to do all your bidding:biggrin:

Congrats!

Sounds like a long hospital stay -- did it go ok?

Every thing went fine,one is let out when one can climb a set of stairs, five days seems to be the norm:biggrin:

Likes russ_watters, WWGD, Silicon Waffle and 1 other person
wolram said:
Every thing went fine,one is let out when one can climb a set of stairs, five days seems to be the norm:biggrin:
Yay! My friend just came out of hip replacement surgery 10 hours ago.
Did they give you a button?

bionic.hip.jpg

Likes Drakkith and Silicon Waffle
I hope your recovery is smooth and quick, Woolie!

7024336-sexy-cartoon-cave-woman-holding-a-club.jpg
This is a pic of my anesthetic nurse Lisab

Likes lisab and Drakkith
OmCheeto said:
Yay! My friend just came out of hip replacement surgery 10 hours ago.
Did they give you a button?

View attachment 92007

No OmCheeto i didn't get a button :confused: I wish you a pain free recovery:biggrin: We the HipCLuuub

Likes OmCheeto
wolram said:
We the HipCLuuub

Truly the hippest of all clubs!

1. What is the purpose of a cold spray in a hospital setting?

A cold spray, also known as a topical refrigerant spray, is used to temporarily numb an area of the body for a medical procedure. It works by causing a cooling sensation on the skin, which helps to numb the nerves and reduce pain during the procedure.

2. Is it safe to undergo X-rays multiple times during a hospital stay?

Yes, it is generally safe to undergo X-rays multiple times during a hospital stay. X-rays use low levels of radiation, and the benefits of the diagnostic information they provide usually outweigh the potential risks. However, it is important for medical professionals to carefully consider the necessity of each X-ray and limit exposure to radiation as much as possible.

3. How did you cope with the stress and discomfort of a 5-day hospital stay?

During my hospital stay, I coped with stress and discomfort by focusing on my recovery, staying positive, and seeking support from friends and family. I also made sure to communicate openly with my medical team about any concerns or discomfort I was experiencing.

4. What are the potential risks of being under anesthesia for a prolonged period of time?

The potential risks of being under anesthesia for a prolonged period of time include respiratory complications, such as breathing difficulties or lung infections, and cardiovascular complications, such as changes in heart rate or blood pressure. Prolonged anesthesia can also increase the risk of post-operative confusion or delirium.

5. Can you share any advice for someone going through a similar hospital adventure?

My advice for someone going through a similar hospital adventure would be to stay informed about your condition and treatment plan, advocate for yourself and ask questions, and find ways to stay positive and mentally engaged during your hospital stay. It's also important to have a support system in place and to communicate openly with your medical team about any concerns or discomfort you may be experiencing.