My user account picture in windows 11

In summary, the conversation is about trying to locate the account profile image in a Windows 11 system. The first person mentions looking under "Accounts" on the left side, but the second person suggests trying "Accounts-> Your Info->Take a photo" and setting the image as the account's profile picture. The first person then asks for the location of the image, and the second person suggests copying the image link from the Account information. However, it is mentioned that the image may be stored in the Microsoft cloud instead of locally.
Khi Choy Xichdu
TL;DR Summary
Where is my user account picture stored in windows 11? The one I took with my built-in camera when I set up my *local* user account information in Settings.
I'd like to get the location of this image in my system

1682234956559.png

Computer science news on Phys.org
I am not at my computer, but I think its under Accounts ( on left side)

Try this:
Windows-account.png

No, that can't get what I want to.
Try this in your "Accounts-> Your Info->Take a photo", which opens your laptop's built-in camera, take one picture of you, then set it as your Account image. I want to know where that image is stored.

Khi Choy Xichdu said:
No one can actually tell exactly where the image set for their local account is located. At least in this forum.
When you see your picture in your Account information like in post #3, right-click and "Copy image link". Then paste that info into a text file to see where it points. Worked for me. (mine appears to be in the Microsoft cloud and not kept locally)

What is a user account picture in Windows 11?

A user account picture in Windows 11 is a small image that is associated with a user account on a computer. This picture is used to identify the user and is displayed on the login screen, start menu, and other areas of the operating system.

How do I change my user account picture in Windows 11?

To change your user account picture in Windows 11, go to the Settings app and click on "Accounts". Then, select "Your info" from the left menu and click on the "Browse" button under "Create your picture". Choose an image from your computer or take a new picture with your webcam, and click "Save".

Can I use a GIF as my user account picture in Windows 11?

Yes, Windows 11 allows you to use a GIF as your user account picture. Simply follow the same steps as changing a regular image and select a GIF file instead. The GIF will be displayed as a still image on the login screen, but will animate when you hover over it.

Why is my user account picture not showing up on the login screen in Windows 11?

There could be several reasons why your user account picture is not showing up on the login screen in Windows 11. It could be due to a corrupt user profile, incorrect user account settings, or a bug in the operating system. Try restarting your computer or creating a new user profile to see if the issue persists.

Can I use a custom user account picture in Windows 11?

Yes, you can use a custom user account picture in Windows 11. You can choose any image from your computer or take a new picture with your webcam to use as your user account picture. However, it is important to note that the image should be appropriate for a professional or public setting.