My wife's computer won't log on to the bank account

In summary, the person's wife was having trouble logging into her Wells Fargo account, but after talking to assistants and trying on a different computer, it was determined that the problem was with her computer. Despite trying various solutions such as deleting cookies and history, the issue persisted. They considered trying a different browser and reinstalling Firefox, as well as checking for pop-up blockers and ad blockers. The person's wife was able to log in successfully using Chrome, so they decided to wait until their grandson left before attempting to reinstall Firefox.
yungman
My wife cannot log onto Wells Fargo account. She talked to the WF assistants, they directed her to delete cookies and history. Still doesn't work. She tried on my computer, it works. So problem is on her computer.

She uses FireFox, I went in, deleted ALL history( thousands of them), I deleted all the cookies and instruct FireFox to delete cookies every time it closes. Still doesn't work. Any suggestion?

I tried telling her the computer hate her, that doesn't help either!

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried any other browser? Maybe also try uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.

Likes davenn and yungman
Wrichik Basu said:
Have you tried any other browser? Maybe also try uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.
Yes, I just about to post, she can get in no problem on Chrome. Should I re-install FireFox?
Thanks

Likes Wrichik Basu
yungman said:
Should I re-install FireFox?
Try it. Sometimes built-up cache causes these problems, and that is not cleared even if you clear all cookies/browsing history.

I've had lots of sites warning that my version of the firefox browser is no longer supported.

Did you delete "Saved Logins"?

Vanadium 50 said:
Did you delete "Saved Logins"?
No, we never even save the password.

Thanks

Popup blockers and ad blockers can defeat the login process.

I hate to ask this but...

What happens when she tries to log in? Is there any error message?

Likes sysprog
Vanadium 50 said:
I hate to ask this but...

What happens when she tries to log in? Is there any error message?
No, it just say thank you and log out!

Thanks, it's working with Chrome, I am going to reload FireFox for her in two days. Grandson is visiting for two days, he'll be going back to college Wednesday, so I am not going to do anything before that, it's not urgent anymore. Worst comes to worst is stay with Chrome.

Thanks

Likes davenn and Wrichik Basu

1. Why won't my wife's computer log on to the bank account?

There could be a few reasons why your wife's computer is having trouble logging on to the bank account. It could be an issue with the internet connection, the browser, or the bank's website itself. It's also possible that your wife's account information was entered incorrectly or has been compromised.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue?

To troubleshoot the issue, first make sure that the internet connection is stable and working properly. Then, try accessing the bank account from a different device or browser to see if the problem persists. If it does, double check the login information and try resetting the password if necessary. If none of these steps work, contact the bank for further assistance.

3. Could it be a security issue?

Yes, it's possible that the issue is related to security. If there have been any recent security breaches or if your wife's computer has been infected with malware, it could prevent her from logging on to the bank account. It's important to regularly update security software and be cautious when entering personal information online.

4. Is there a way to access the bank account without using my wife's computer?

Yes, if your wife is unable to access the bank account on her computer, she can try using a different device such as a phone or tablet. She can also visit a physical bank branch or use an ATM to access her account information.

5. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening again, make sure to regularly update the computer's software and security systems. Also, ensure that your wife is using a strong and unique password for her bank account. It's also a good idea to regularly check for any suspicious activity on the account and report it to the bank immediately.