Need a solution for comparator circuit

In summary, the individual is facing a problem with a circuit where the output is only true when vP>vN with a set vN of 0.4V. They need to design an ADC circuit, specifically a comparator block, and are seeking suggestions for troubleshooting. The individual has attempted to eliminate certain components and adjust the VPbias, but the issue persists.
cuongbui1702
I have problem with this circuit. Normally when vP>vN (if I set vN>0.4V), output vQ is equal 5v. But when I set vN < 0.4V, output is not true, it is always 5V not only for vP< vN but also vP>vN. I need to design ADC circuit, and that is comparator block. Need some suggestions. Help me
Untitled_zpscwhwwz95.png

I supply V = 5V, vG = 0V, VPbias = 0V

Engineering news on Phys.org
I as well would like to know this...

Likes cuongbui1702
Start with eliminating all but the most basic things. This means removing XM8, 9 and 10. If it still does not work, try increasing VPbias. If it still does not work - I am currently out of ideas.

Likes cuongbui1702

1. What is a comparator circuit?

A comparator circuit is an electronic circuit that compares two input voltages and outputs a digital signal indicating which voltage is larger. It is commonly used in electronic devices such as amplifiers, oscillators, and voltage regulators.

2. What are some common applications of comparator circuits?

Comparator circuits are used in a variety of applications, including voltage level detection, motor control, signal processing, and pulse width modulation. They are also used in analog-to-digital converters to convert analog signals into digital signals.

3. How does a comparator circuit work?

A comparator circuit consists of two inputs, an inverting input and a non-inverting input, and a single output. The inputs are compared and the output switches to either a high or low state depending on the input voltage levels. The output will be high if the non-inverting input voltage is greater than the inverting input voltage, and low if the inverting input voltage is greater than the non-inverting input voltage.

4. What are the different types of comparators?

There are several types of comparators, including op-amp comparators, voltage comparator ICs, and transistor comparators. Op-amp comparators are the most commonly used and are based on operational amplifiers. Voltage comparator ICs are integrated circuits specifically designed for use as comparators. Transistor comparators use transistors to compare input voltages and produce an output signal.

5. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a comparator circuit?

When choosing a comparator circuit, it is important to consider factors such as speed, accuracy, hysteresis, and power consumption. The speed of a comparator is determined by its response time, which is the time it takes for the output to change in response to a change in input voltage. Accuracy refers to the ability of the comparator to accurately compare input voltages. Hysteresis is the difference between the upper and lower switching thresholds of the comparator. Power consumption is also an important consideration, especially for battery-powered devices.