Need Assistance with Force/Pressure Sensors

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for individuals with knowledge of force and/or pressure sensing technology, specifically piezo and/or QTC. They are a designer/inventor seeking guidance and are open to PMs for further discussion. Mike, an experienced instrument designer, offers his expertise and mentions past projects involving QTC. The original poster expresses gratitude and continues to seek input from other experts."
Here2Learn
Hey everyone - I am looking for individuals with thorough knowledge of force and/or pressure sensing technology (specifically piezo and/or QTC). I am a designer/inventor with a problem for which I am ill-equipped to solve on my own and could use some guidance. Please reply if you are well-versed in this field and I will PM you and describe my situation in detail. Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello,
I'm an old instrument designer and have worked with strain gauges, variable capacitance, piezo resistive and more. I've been involved in a couple of projects that used mechanisms similar to QTC, but have yet to see one make it to market. Feel free to ping me.

- Mike

Thanks a ton for entertaining my questions Mike.

Everyone, I am still looking for input here. Any other experts?

1. What is the purpose of force/pressure sensors?

Force/pressure sensors are used to measure the amount of force or pressure being applied to an object or surface. They are commonly used in various industries such as automotive, medical, and manufacturing for quality control and safety purposes.

2. How do force/pressure sensors work?

Force/pressure sensors work by converting a physical force or pressure into an electrical signal. This is typically done through the use of strain gauges, which detect changes in resistance when force is applied to the sensor. The electrical signal is then amplified and processed to provide a measurement of the force or pressure.

3. What types of force/pressure sensors are available?

There are various types of force/pressure sensors available, including load cells, piezoelectric sensors, and capacitive sensors. Each type has its own unique design and operating principle, making them suitable for different applications and environments.

4. How accurate are force/pressure sensors?

The accuracy of force/pressure sensors can vary depending on the specific type and design. However, most sensors have an accuracy within 1% to 5% of the measured value. It is important to calibrate the sensors regularly to ensure accurate and consistent measurements.

5. How can force/pressure sensors benefit my research or project?

Force/pressure sensors can provide valuable data and insights into the forces and pressures involved in a particular process or task. This information can help improve efficiency, safety, and quality control. Force/pressure sensors are also commonly used in research studies to measure and analyze human movements and interactions with various objects.