Need Help Building an Audio Amplifier with D2059 Transistors

In summary, the speaker has a question about building an audio amplifier with limited knowledge of electronics and a variety of transistors. They are looking for a simple circuit diagram for a 200W to 100W amplifier with normal and symmetrical sources up to 20V to 40V or 35V. They are also open to suggestions for using MOSFET transistors and are advised to do a Google Images search for ideas. The speaker also provides information on the transistors they have, which are medium power 100V NPN and PNP transistors in TO-220 type packages.
Antoniokiala
Good morning Thank you very much for being part of this forum. I have a concern. I have 4 D2059 transistors and I want to build an audio amplifier, but I don't have enough knowledge of electronics. And I have one more transistor tip117. Can anyone help me by sending a simple circuit diagram how to assemble this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I also have a large number of MOSFET transistors of all kinds, but I can't build a sound amplifier with that.
I need simple schemes up to 200watt to 100wat. With normal and symmetrical sources up to 20v to 40V. It can be up to 35v too.

To put this in perspective, what you ask is like saying:
I have 4 wheels with tires, a steering wheel, and a radiator. Can some send me plans on how to build a car?
-
Btw, I didn't even look up what those part number actually are. For all I know attempting to use those parts would be the equivalent of putting square wheels on a car.

Welcome to PF. :smile:

Antoniokiala said:
I also have a large number of MOSFET transistors of all kinds, but I can't build a sound amplifier with that.

Maybe try a Google Images search on mosfet audio amplifier to get some ideas...

Last edited:
Likes hutchphd
Averagesupernova said:
Btw, I didn't even look up what those part number actually are
I didn't either until just now. They are medium power 100V NPN and PNP transistors in TO-220 type packages:

https://datasheetgo.com/d2059-transistor/

Attachments

• TIP110-D.PDF
    307.4 KB · Views: 106

1. What is an audio amplifier?

An audio amplifier is an electronic device that increases the power of an audio signal. It takes a weak signal and makes it stronger, allowing it to be heard through speakers or headphones at a higher volume.

2. What is the purpose of using D2059 transistors in an audio amplifier?

D2059 transistors are commonly used in audio amplifiers because they have high gain and low noise characteristics, making them ideal for amplifying audio signals. They also have a high power handling capability, making them suitable for driving speakers.

3. What are the basic components needed to build an audio amplifier with D2059 transistors?

The basic components needed for building an audio amplifier with D2059 transistors include the transistors themselves, resistors, capacitors, and a power source. You will also need a circuit board, wires, and a heat sink to dissipate heat from the transistors.

4. Can I use other transistors instead of D2059 in an audio amplifier?

Yes, you can use other transistors in an audio amplifier, but they may not provide the same level of performance as D2059 transistors. It is important to choose transistors that have similar characteristics and power handling capabilities to ensure proper functioning of the amplifier.

5. Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind when building an audio amplifier with D2059 transistors?

Yes, it is important to follow safety precautions when building an audio amplifier with D2059 transistors. These include wearing protective gear, such as gloves and safety glasses, and ensuring that the power source is disconnected before handling any components. It is also important to double check all connections and consult a professional if you are unsure about any aspect of the build.