Need help finding an oscilloscope

In summary: Plus they always have sales.In summary, the oscilloscope you are looking for can have at least 2 channels, be able to record the reading, and be able to output stored readings. It should be under $1000 all said and done.
jack112286
Hi guys, I am in the market looking for an oscilloscope, but I am having trouble looking for one.

Here`s what I require:

At least 2 channel (4 would be better but not required)
Able to record the reading
at least 50 MHz
Be able to output stored readings(this is the part I am having a hard time doing).
Hopefully under $1000 all said and done

I want to be able to use this tool for diagnosing electrical components and learn (play) more about electrical components, mainly automotive related.

Say for example, I have a magnetic pickup sensor, I want to be able to test it. Store the data, output the store data to the computer.

Thank you very much. I have found this forum with many learning information.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh I forgot. It is mainly low voltage application. 0 - 15 V

Used to be boards that plug into a PC slot to give it o'scope capacity.
oh my goodness now they've got it for USB !

http://www.usbee.com/

i'm a model T in a Prius world.

jack112286 said:
Hi guys, I am in the market looking for an oscilloscope, but I am having trouble looking for one.

Here`s what I require:

At least 2 channel (4 would be better but not required)
Able to record the reading
at least 50 MHz
Be able to output stored readings(this is the part I am having a hard time doing).
Hopefully under $1000 all said and done

I want to be able to use this tool for diagnosing electrical components and learn (play) more about electrical components, mainly automotive related.

Say for example, I have a magnetic pickup sensor, I want to be able to test it. Store the data, output the store data to the computer.

Thank you very much. I have found this forum with many learning information.

Welcome to the PF.

You'll also find some helpful info in the "Related Threads" links at the bottom of the page here in your thread.

I could check out http://www.bncscientific.com and see what they have. I think they carry Rigol, but their stuff isn't overly expensive. You can usually get something of pretty good quality for cheap.

Related to Need help finding an oscilloscope

1. What is an oscilloscope and what is it used for?

An oscilloscope is a scientific instrument that is used to measure and display electronic signals. It is commonly used in fields such as engineering, physics, and telecommunications to analyze and troubleshoot electrical circuits and systems.

2. How do I choose the right oscilloscope for my needs?

When choosing an oscilloscope, there are several factors to consider such as bandwidth, sample rate, and number of channels. It is important to determine your specific measurement needs and budget before making a decision. It is also helpful to read reviews and compare different models from reputable manufacturers.

3. What is the difference between analog and digital oscilloscopes?

Analog oscilloscopes use a cathode ray tube (CRT) to display waveforms, while digital oscilloscopes use a digital display. Digital oscilloscopes have more advanced features and can store and analyze data, while analog oscilloscopes are typically more affordable and better for viewing fast-changing signals.

4. Can I use an oscilloscope for other types of measurements besides electronic signals?

While oscilloscopes are primarily used for electronic signals, some models have additional features that allow for other types of measurements such as temperature, humidity, and pressure. However, it is important to check the specifications of the oscilloscope to ensure it is suitable for the type of measurement you need.

5. What is the price range for oscilloscopes?

The price of an oscilloscope can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on its features and capabilities. It is important to determine your budget and necessary features before making a purchase. It is also worth considering if buying a used or refurbished oscilloscope may be a more affordable option.