Need help identifying this piece of lab equipment

In summary, the conversation involves a person looking for a specific device they saw at a collaborator's lab. They have tried searching for it online and contacting the lab where they thought it was from, but have had no luck. Through some suggestions and Google searching, they finally find the device they were looking for under the term "micromanipulator parts." They express surprise at how simple it was to find and mention that they had a different idea of what a "micromanipulator" was.
fr0zensphere
I visited the lab of some collaborators, and they had this device which exactly matches my needs in the lab I work in. Problem is, I can't find this thing anywhere. I emailed the PI of that lab, and he has no idea where it came from. It seems they bought it somewhere a while back and since then forgot all the details. I attached a couple images below. It's really just the top part that I'm interested in: some sort of clamp with a thumbscrew sitting on top of a movable stage so whatever you're clamping can move forward and backward.

What is this thing?? I don't know what it might be even called, so I'm not sure what to google for. I tried googling different things, I tried to reverse-image-search it, and got nothing. I emailed Thorlabs (because the other lab people initially told me it was from them), and the tech support person from Thorlabs told me they don't sell that. I'm stuck...

IMG_20151215_155219422.jpg
IMG_20151215_155232020.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
"Translational stages" (plural).

If its just the top part you want not the stage perhaps look for micromanipulator parts?

Likes fr0zensphere
Or google clamp blocks?

Ohh! I found it! From google-image-searching "micromanipulator parts", the entire thing comes up, pretty much in the first line of images. I didn't realize it was all one part...

Thank you! It's so simple! I kind of thought "micromanipulators" were something else...

1. What is the purpose of this lab equipment?

The purpose of lab equipment can vary depending on its design and function. Generally, lab equipment is used to perform experiments, gather data, and analyze or manipulate substances in a controlled environment.

2. How do I use this equipment?

The specific instructions for using a piece of lab equipment may vary, but most equipment will come with a user manual or instructions. If not, you can ask a lab supervisor or colleague for guidance. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and handle equipment carefully to avoid any accidents or damage.

3. Can this equipment be used for multiple experiments?

Some lab equipment may have multiple uses and can be used for different experiments. However, it is important to check if the equipment is compatible with the experiment you are conducting. Using equipment for unintended purposes can lead to inaccurate results or damage to the equipment.

4. How do I clean and maintain this equipment?

Cleaning and maintenance procedures will vary depending on the type of equipment. In general, it is important to clean equipment after each use to prevent contamination and ensure accurate results. Refer to the equipment's user manual or ask a lab supervisor for specific cleaning and maintenance instructions.

5. Where can I purchase this equipment?

The availability and purchasing options for lab equipment may vary. Some equipment can be purchased from scientific supply companies or online retailers, while others may need to be ordered directly from the manufacturer. It is important to research and compare prices and specifications before purchasing any equipment.