Need help in XMGrace to curve lines between data points

In summary, to connect data points with a curved line in XMGrace, you can use the "Interpolate" function under the "Data" menu and select "Interpolate" and then "Spline". Different types of curves, such as spline, natural spline, and cubic spline, can be chosen and their parameters can be adjusted for customization. Additional data points can be added to an existing curve using the "Append Points" function. The color, style, and thickness of the curve can also be changed by clicking on the "Style" tab. To remove a curve, use the "Delete Curve" function under the "Data" menu.
Kelvin18
TL;DR Summary
Hello,
I am having trouble figuring out a way to connect the datapoints with curves instead of straight lines in xmgrace. I know in gnuplot there are "smooth" and "bezier" options, so is there anything similar in xmgrace? I tried using non-linear curve fitting, however my graph is too complicated to be represented by an equation. The black graph shows what I currently have, and the green graph from Zhang et al shows the style I would like to replicate. Thanks!
1656516930608.png
1656516961941.png

Physics news on Phys.org
package com.example.jinphy.simplechat.custom_libs.qr_code.core.decoder;import com.example.jinphy.simplechat.custom_libs.qr_code.core.Result;public interface Decoder { Result decode(String rawResult);}

1. How do I curve lines between data points in XMGrace?

To curve lines between data points in XMGrace, you can use the "Spline" feature. First, select the data points you want to curve. Then, go to the "Line" tab and select "Spline" from the "Fit Style" drop-down menu. This will automatically curve the lines between the selected data points.

2. Can I customize the curvature of the lines in XMGrace?

Yes, you can customize the curvature of the lines in XMGrace by adjusting the "Spline Tension" parameter. This can be found under the "Line" tab in the "Spline" section. Moving the slider to the left will result in a smoother curve, while moving it to the right will make the curve more angular.

3. How can I add more data points to an existing curve in XMGrace?

To add more data points to an existing curve in XMGrace, you can use the "Append Data" feature. First, select the existing curve you want to add data points to. Then, go to the "Data" tab and click on "Append Data". This will allow you to enter new data points and automatically update the curve.

4. Is it possible to change the color of the lines between data points in XMGrace?

Yes, you can change the color of the lines between data points in XMGrace by using the "Line Color" option. This can be found under the "Line" tab, where you can select a color from the color palette or enter a specific RGB value. You can also change the line thickness and style under this tab.

5. How do I save my curved lines between data points as an image or graph in XMGrace?

To save your curved lines between data points as an image or graph in XMGrace, go to the "File" tab and click on "Print or Save". This will bring up a menu where you can select the format you want to save the graph in (e.g. PNG, JPG, PDF). You can also adjust the size and resolution of the image before saving.