Need help with short comic plot ideas for a gamer's birthday?

In summary, the speaker is looking for ideas for a comic as a birthday gift for their friend who is interested in gaming, 3-D printing, and raspberry pi. They are open to any creative suggestions and mention the possibility of making a comic about not being able to make a good comic. One idea suggested is an epic tale of someone's journey to find the best Raspberry Pie, only to end up with a pie full of pi's. This could be accompanied by using a frozen pie crust and filling it with photos of the raspberry pi.
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Hi guys, my friend’s birthday is coming up and, as a gift, I want to make him a comic with a clever and/or funny punch line. It’d be nice if it were somewhat related to his interests and hobbies which include gaming, 3-D printing, and he also messes with his raspberry pi a lot.

Now, the problem is that I don’t know anything about any of these topics worth beans. Have you guys got any ideas for short plots, punch lines, etc.?

EDIT: I know that there are a lot of stuff on the internet but I was hoping that it could be something that he hasn't seen already because that would just be sad...

EDIT: If no ideas come up, the last resort will be to make a comic about not being able to make a good comic.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know if this has been done before. I'm sure it has since its kind of an obvious pun.

But how about an epic tale of a persons arduous journey to find the best Raspberry Pie in the world. Only to end up getting a pie full of pi's?
You could pair this by going to the store and getting one of those frozen pie crusts and filling it with photo's of the raspberry pi. (or actual pi's if you have any around)

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, Sophia and Psinter
cpscdave said:
I don't know if this has been done before. I'm sure it has since its kind of an obvious pun.

But how about an epic tale of a persons arduous journey to find the best Raspberry Pie in the world. Only to end up getting a pie full of pi's?
You could pair this by going to the store and getting one of those frozen pie crusts and filling it with photo's of the raspberry pi. (or actual pi's if you have any around)
Thanks, cpscdave. This is cute. :smile:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Thanks, cpscdave. This is cute. :smile:
Hope you'll show us the pictures :)

1. What are some examples of short comic plot ideas?

Some examples of short comic plot ideas could include a clumsy superhero trying to save the day, a group of aliens trying to fit in on Earth, or a talking animal trying to navigate the human world.

2. How can I come up with my own short comic plot ideas?

One way to come up with your own short comic plot ideas is to take everyday situations and add an unexpected twist or element of humor. You can also draw inspiration from your own experiences or observations.

3. How long should a short comic plot be?

A short comic plot typically ranges from 1-3 pages, depending on the complexity of the story and the number of panels per page. However, there is no set length and it ultimately depends on the individual story and pacing.

4. What makes a good short comic plot?

A good short comic plot should have a clear and engaging storyline, interesting characters, and a balance of humor and heart. It should also have a satisfying conclusion or punchline that leaves the reader satisfied.

5. Can a short comic plot be serious or does it have to be funny?

A short comic plot can be serious, funny, or a combination of both. As long as the story is well-written and engaging, the tone of the comic can vary. However, many readers expect a certain level of humor or lightheartedness in a short comic plot.