Nero says "not enough space on the medium(CD)"

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, dduardo suggests using a DVD ripper to rip the DVD into an AVI file and then using Nero to burn the AVI file to a Video CD. This will work in most standard DVD players.
ranger
Gold Member
Okay here is the situation. I have to make a copy of some DVDs for a buddy of mine. Its like an instructional thing. The video on the DVD is like 450MB. I want to copy this to a regular CD. But then I want to be able to play that CD on a regualar DVD player. I tried to copy it using nero, but it tells me that there is not enough space on the medium(CD). There more than enough space on the CD for that file. Is there a program that can do this for me.

I just hate it when people give me last minute stuff to do.

--thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks for the quick input. The file is a regular movie file. The DVD has the VIDEO_TS and Audio_TS directories. It looks like the VCD would play on regular DVD players. So I'm going with that. I installed the program and the encoder. I'm "rippinig and converting" now. I hope I did the right thing.

how long is this movie? try ripping it to your computer first and find out what the size is. if it is a commercial DVD, you will need to remove the copy protection. after that, it needs to be converted to a VCD which I think Nero can do from VOB files.

Do this.

Download a DVD ripper and rip the DVD into an AVI file then use Nero to burn the AVI file to a Video CD and that will work in most standard DVD players.

The particular DVD ripper I use is available here http://www.dvdtodivx.net/

1. Why does Nero say "not enough space on the medium(CD)"?

Nero is a software program used for burning data onto CDs and DVDs. This error message means that the file or files you are trying to burn onto the CD are too large to fit on the disc.

2. How can I fix the "not enough space" error in Nero?

To fix this error, you can either reduce the size of the files you are trying to burn, or use a larger capacity disc, such as a DVD, to fit the files.

3. Can I compress the files to fit on the CD in Nero?

Unfortunately, Nero does not have a built-in compression feature. You will need to use a separate compression program to reduce the file size before attempting to burn it onto a CD.

4. Will using a different type of CD fix the "not enough space" error in Nero?

It is possible that using a different type of CD, such as a CD-R instead of a CD-RW, may allow you to fit more data onto the disc. However, the overall storage capacity of a CD is limited, so using a different type of CD may not always solve the issue.

5. Can I split the files and burn them onto multiple CDs in Nero?

Yes, you can split the files and burn them onto multiple CDs using Nero's multisession feature. This will allow you to burn a portion of the files onto one CD, and then continue burning the remaining files onto additional CDs until all the data is transferred.