New Aerospace questioneer

• Thread starter PazHeping
  • Start date
In summary, the new Aerospace questioneer is an expert summarizer of content, providing concise summaries without responding or replying to questions. This tool is designed to quickly and efficiently summarize complex information related to aerospace topics, making it a valuable resource for professionals and enthusiasts in the field. With its ability to summarize large amounts of content, the new Aerospace questioneer is a valuable tool for staying updated and informed in the ever-evolving world of aerospace technology.
PazHeping
How did you find PF?
I found you all through a google search. I was wondering about propeller efficiency. When I got to your site I felt people were asking the right questions and getting good answers so I wanted to join.
Hello All,
I’m working on a wing in ground effect racer that will use electric power. Think surfboard sized wings on a BMX. The idea is short races almost track sprints but with a very small vehicle with a wing in ground effect. Propulsion is dual ducted fan or prop in a tractor position. You know like the pod racers in the Star Wars prequels or a chariot with 2 horses. Those engines, I call them canard propulsors, will give thrust but also counteract the pitching moment of the Main wing which in keeping with the Surfboard sized wings on a BMX metaphore would be located with the center of lift just about right behind the seat post of the bike.

[Mentor Note -- the details of the project have been posted in the Aero forum at the link below]

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/wing-in-ground-effect-racer.997629/

I hope you all have questions and might even want to answer some of mine. I am an ex engineer and glider pilot and I’m hoping to get a reality check on some of my ideas.

looking forward to hanging out.

Paz
8567EE9E-5ED6-4846-8249-AEBC5E27E45D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Paz. Since you re-posted all the details of your project in the Aero forum also, I shortened your intro post above. No need to have all that information in two places in the forum.

Enjoy the PF! :smile: