New Google scientific data search engine

In summary, Google has launched a new dataset search engine that enables laypersons to retrieve highly specific results from millions of scattered scientific and technical sources. If you like to get to original scientific sources of data, this one’s for you.
hagar
Gold Member
I tried a search for this first and had negative results so I thought it might be helpful.

Google has launched a new https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/google-launches-new-dataset-search-engine.htm feature that enables laypersons to retrieve highly specific results from millions of scattered scientific and technical sources. If you like to get to original scientific sources of data, this one’s for you.

https://toolbox.google.com/datasetsearch

Last edited:
Likes jim mcnamara, NTL2009, Tom.G and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
I had no idea what the search engine amounted to, I just accepted Google's description.

I really do not have the required background for the Physics Forums website. I read and understand whatever I can as I do have a great interest in most fields of science but post very little. I was trying to support the forums by being a contributor to whatever extent I am capable of.

Likes jim hardy
hagar said:
I really do not have the required background for the Physics Forums website. I read and understand whatever I can as I do have a great interest in most fields of science but post very little. I was trying to support the forums by being a contributor to whatever extent I am capable of.

And you have done so! :biggrin:

Likes jim hardy

What is the purpose of the "New Google scientific data search engine"?

The purpose of the "New Google scientific data search engine" is to provide a more efficient and comprehensive tool for scientists and researchers to search for relevant scientific data and publications.

How is this search engine different from other scientific databases?

This search engine is different because it is powered by Google's advanced algorithms and machine learning technology, making it faster, more accurate, and able to handle a larger amount of data compared to traditional scientific databases.

What types of scientific data can be searched using this engine?

This engine can search for a wide range of scientific data, including research articles, datasets, and other scientific resources from various disciplines such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.

Is this search engine open to the public or only accessible to certain users?

This search engine is open to the public, meaning that anyone with internet access can use it to search for scientific data. However, some features may be limited to certain users, such as advanced search options for researchers or access to full-text articles for subscribers.

How can I ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data retrieved from this search engine?

The data retrieved from this search engine is sourced from reputable scientific databases and publications, and Google's algorithms are continuously updated to prioritize relevant and credible sources. However, as with any search engine, it is always important to critically evaluate the data and its sources for accuracy and reliability.