Orbital angular disp. in 1 day & centrip. force and Acceleration of planets help

In summary: The mass of Earth is 5.972E24 kg and the mass of Neptune is 1.024E26 kg.In summary, the orbital angular displacement in one day can be found by dividing the planet's year in days by 2π. The centripetal acceleration and force can be calculated using the planet's mass, orbital velocity, and orbital radius.
kaoztheory
As from the title, I am trying to find for Venus, Earth, and Neptune:

a) the orbital angular displacement in one day in radians
b) the centripetal acceleration
c) the centripetal force

Relevant Equations:

Centrip accel: ac=v^2/r=4pie^2/T^2
Centrip force: Fc=ma=mv^2/r=4pie^2mr/T^2
related equations
Spin speed at equator: (2pie/T)*r=wr
ang. speed: w=change in theta/ change in time
orbital per: T=2pie*r/v

I know:
length of day in Earth days--and in seconds
radius of planet in meters
length of year in Earth days--and in seconds
Radius of orbit around sun in meters

My attempt at find centrip accel
Earth: in process
Venus: in process
Neptune: length of year in secs=(2pie*rad of orbit around sun in meters)v
=v=(2pierad of orbit around sun in meters)/length of a year in secs
=31466412=(2pie1.49E11m)v
=297371. m/s
a=v^2/r
a=(29737.1 m/s^2)/1.49E11m=1.99E-7 rad/s

I used the same method for finding the other planets but didn't write them in order to check whether or not it was right.

My attempt at find centrip force:

...yeah I don't even know where to begin...

mv^2/r so...mass (of Earth of a person of what?) * velocity of earth^2/radius of planet..? It seems so easy...but is it? inputting for mass of Earth I get (1024 kg)((3.5E4m/s)^2)/6378000m=.001967x10^8

as for orbital angular displacement in one day...I'm lost...

So why didn't I just learn this in physics class? Because I was sick on the days my class started learning rotational mechanics--am STILL sick--and have been trying to teach myself by looking at online sources and videos. But this homework was assigned (I know because my friend sent it to me a few mins ago)...now he isn't online and I don't really have anyone else to go to help for...plus he's one of those "learn by sweat and tears" kind of people--in other words, not a very good one (or a very good one depending on how you look at it)...so even if he was online I don't think he would be much help...I just can't learn easily from that kind of "help"...However...though giving me the answers might seem like a bad way to teach me I am in fact VERY good at working backwards and understanding, so if someone was to give step by step instructions on how to solve the above questions (imputing the known variables I listed in word form), then I know I could understand the relationship better.

Anyhow...can anyone help me? I would GREATLY appreciate help as right now I am on the verge of tearing my hair out...OK not true...but I've been blowing my nose for hours and I feel extremely dizzy and I HAVE to go to school tomorrow so...

I digress...way too much...sorry :(

Physics news on Phys.org
kaoztheory said:
As from the title, I am trying to find for Venus, Earth, and Neptune:

a) the orbital angular displacement in one day in radians
b) the centripetal acceleration
c) the centripetal force

Relevant Equations:

Centrip accel: ac=v^2/r=4pie^2/T^2
Centrip force: Fc=ma=mv^2/r=4pie^2mr/T^2
related equations
Spin speed at equator: (2pie/T)*r=wr
ang. speed: w=change in theta/ change in time
orbital per: T=2pie*r/v

I know:
length of day in Earth days--and in seconds
radius of planet in meters
length of year in Earth days--and in seconds
Radius of orbit around sun in meters

My attempt at find centrip accel
Earth: in process
Venus: in process
Neptune: length of year in secs=(2pie*rad of orbit around sun in meters)v
=v=(2pierad of orbit around sun in meters)/length of a year in secs
=31466412=(2pie1.49E11m)v
=297371. m/s
a=v^2/r
a=(29737.1 m/s^2)/1.49E11m=1.99E-7 rad/s

I used the same method for finding the other planets but didn't write them in order to check whether or not it was right.

My attempt at find centrip force:

...yeah I don't even know where to begin...

mv^2/r so...mass (of Earth of a person of what?) * velocity of earth^2/radius of planet..? It seems so easy...but is it? inputting for mass of Earth I get (1024 kg)((3.5E4m/s)^2)/6378000m=.001967x10^8

as for orbital angular displacement in one day...I'm lost...

For angular displacement in one day express your planet year in days. Then its a straightforward ratio. Suppose for some planet there are n days in its year. In one year it passes though ##2 \pi## radians as it circles the Sun once. So in one day,

##\frac{1}{n} = \frac{\theta}{2 \pi}~~~~## Solve for θ.

When you're looking for the centripetal acceleration and force you want to use the mass of the planet in question, its orbital velocity, and its orbital radius (not it's planetary radius).

1. What is orbital angular displacement in 1 day?

Orbital angular displacement in 1 day is the measure of how much an object in orbit has moved around its orbit in one day. It is typically measured in degrees or radians.

2. How is centripetal force related to orbital angular displacement?

Centripetal force is the force that keeps an object in orbit moving in a circular path. It is directly related to orbital angular displacement, as the amount of centripetal force required increases as the object's angular displacement increases.

3. How does centripetal force affect the acceleration of planets?

Centripetal force is responsible for the acceleration of planets in orbit around a central body, such as the sun. It acts as the inward force that keeps the planet moving in a circular path, causing a constant change in direction and therefore acceleration.

4. Can the orbital angular displacement of a planet change?

Yes, the orbital angular displacement of a planet can change due to various factors such as gravitational pull from other objects, changes in the planet's orbit, or external forces acting on the planet.

5. How do scientists calculate the orbital angular displacement and centripetal force of planets?

Scientists use mathematical equations, such as Newton's laws of motion and the law of universal gravitation, to calculate the orbital angular displacement and centripetal force of planets. These calculations also take into account the mass, velocity, and distance of the planet from the central body.