OrCad Capture CIS -- Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e

In summary, a user is seeking help with a circuit they have created in OrCad Capture Cis. They are experiencing an error related to unconnected pins and are seeking specific and analytical answers to help them understand due to their lack of fundamental knowledge. It appears that there may be connections where DRC markers are drawn, and the user is advised to zoom in and check their grid spacing. There may also be a short through Cc1 on the right.
mfilip
Hello everyone!
I am new in OrCad Capture Cis and apparently lack in fundamental knowledge. I have created this circuit so far but it appears that something (or everything) is wrong. The error is "Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e" in several parts of the circuit. Your answers will be of much help to me, especially if you are specific and analytical, so I can understand you because of my poor knowledge. Thank you!

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-24_11-19-4.png
    upload_2016-5-24_11-19-4.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,276
Engineering news on Phys.org
mfilip said:
Hello everyone!
I am new in OrCad Capture Cis and apparently lack in fundamental knowledge. I have created this circuit so far but it appears that something (or everything) is wrong. The error is "Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e" in several parts of the circuit. Your answers will be of much help to me, especially if you are specific and analytical, so I can understand you because of my poor knowledge. Thank you!
Welcome to the PF.

It does look like there are connections there where the DRC marker circles are drawn... If you zoom way in, does it still look like there are connections? Or maybe if your grid is real fine, the lines are actually not quite connected... What do you get when you run a Netlist for the circuit? Does it indicate those nets are connected or not?

EDIT -- And is your grid turned on? What is the spacing of your grid?

BTW, it looks like you have shorted through Cc1 on the right...

1. What is OrCad Capture CIS?

OrCad Capture CIS is a software tool used in electronic design automation (EDA) to create and manage electronic schematics. It is commonly used in the design and development of printed circuit boards (PCBs).

2. What does the "Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e" error mean?

This error message indicates that there is a pin on the schematic that is not connected to any other component or signal, and it does not have a FLOAT property assigned to it. This could potentially cause issues during the PCB layout process.

3. How can I fix the "Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e" error?

To fix this error, you will need to locate the unconnected pin on your schematic and either connect it to a component or signal, or assign a FLOAT property to it. The FLOAT property tells the software that this pin does not need to be connected and will not cause any issues during the layout process.

4. What is the purpose of the FLOAT property in OrCad Capture CIS?

The FLOAT property is used to indicate to the software that a pin does not need to be connected to other components or signals during the layout process. This can be useful for pins that are used for testing or debugging, or for pins that will be connected in a later stage of the design process.

5. Can I ignore the "Unconnected pin, no FLOAT property or FLOAT = e" error?

While it is possible to ignore this error and continue with the design process, it is not recommended. Unconnected pins without the FLOAT property can cause issues during PCB layout and may result in errors or malfunctions in the final product. It is important to address and fix this error to ensure the integrity of your design.