Ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set

In summary, the conversation discussed a diagram created to represent the order of topologies on a 3 point set, where each small circle represents a topology and the larger circles represent isomorphic topologies. The ordering was based on inclusion and isomorphism, and the conversation also mentioned the possibility of adding labels or annotations to the diagram for increased clarity.
jackferry
20171213_174538.jpeg

So I made this diagram of the order imposed on the set of topologies on a 3 point set. Each small circle is a topology with the circle elements being the open sets. The larger circles join isomorphic topologies together. The ordering was messy when I tried to draw inclusion from each topology to its relations, so I stuck to drawing arrows from an isomorphic collection to the isomorphic collections its elements belonged to. Any advice, criticisms, feedback? Did I do this correctly? Does the premise make sense? I'm just getting into point set topology, so this very well could be misguided.

Attachments

• 20171213_174538.jpeg
    20171213_174538.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 852
Physics news on Phys.org

First of all, great job on creating this diagram! It's clear and visually appealing.

As for your question about whether the premise makes sense, I would say that it does. The idea of ordering topologies on a set based on inclusion and isomorphism is a fundamental concept in point set topology. So, in that sense, your diagram accurately represents this concept.

However, I would suggest adding some labels or annotations to clarify what exactly each circle represents. For example, you could label each circle with the corresponding topology name or list the open sets within each circle. This would make the diagram more informative and easier to understand for someone who is not familiar with point set topology.

Overall, great job on the diagram and keep up the good work in your studies of point set topology!

What is an ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set?

An ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set is a mathematical structure that describes the different ways in which the elements of a 3 point set can be organized into different topologies, or collections of subsets that satisfy certain properties.

How is an ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set useful?

An ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set is useful in understanding the relationships between different topologies on the same set, as well as in analyzing the properties and structures of these topologies.

What are the properties of an ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set?

An ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set has the properties of being a partially ordered set, meaning that there is a defined relationship between elements, and being a lattice, meaning that it has both a greatest lower bound and a least upper bound.

How is an ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set related to other mathematical structures?

An ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set is closely related to other mathematical structures such as Boolean algebras and posets, as it shares similar properties and can be used to study these structures.

Are there real-world applications for an ordered lattice of topologies on the 3 point set?

Yes, ordered lattices of topologies on the 3 point set have applications in fields such as computer science, topology, and algebraic geometry, where they can be used to study the properties of topological spaces and the relationships between different structures.