Out of this world. The horizon.

• Thread starter Louis Wu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Horizon
In summary, The author talks about how philosophy and physics are important together, and how they both can't be done without each other. He goes on to say that if the universe is all there is, then what existed before it must be something completely different. He also says that when space is turned into something completely crazy below the horizon instead of just an 'unknown' above it, who knows what is really down there. He ends the post by talking about how, despite what might happen to him, he still believes in himself and that truth awaits those who are willing to find it.
Louis Wu
All falls out of this universe. Over the horizon.
No longer 'part of this'
Yet what has fallen out. Pulls more in. Thus it is part of this.
What am i missing here?
Is em a nice outfit clothing the brute power of gravity. The destroyer and the maker.

Physics without philosophy is sterile.
Philosophy without physics is futile.

Louis

Space news on Phys.org
Nothing falls out of 'space. Distant objects can redshift out of detectability, not outside our universe.

Addendum - We live in an eternally connected patch of whatever the universe arose from. Call it causality.

An illusion was carved in the stone. The arrows show where to go. Trust in yourself, truth awaits you here.

Chronos

Who told you this? The 'i believe' imp?
The universe is all of reality? How Parochial
If this universe is all there is.. what existed before it?
The magic world of dreams and lost loves.?
Your posts hint that you don't believe this.
Why the 'Nothing falls out of 'space. Distant objects can redshift out of detectability, not outside our universe.'
When space is turned into something totally crazy below the horizon instead of just an 'unknown' above it.
WHo knows what IS below the horizon.. we dont. Yes any EH occupies extentsion in our universe.. And is even shaped by initial spin.
The bang is an event.
And a minor one in the scheme of things.
To your addendum.
True in a Heisenberg way. I have the absolute temerity to suggest time has no beginning or end. For this i will be burnt alive.. :)

Good post love the avatar.

Louis
Im a consulting stochastic analist. Worth big$. Go figure. I type this on my 30" screen on a water cooled PC i built myself.
In a house with 50 k$ mahogany loungeroom leaf doors. Garnished from a world before 'save the rain forrests'
All from the whitebread darwinian snakepit i was thrown in.
The pity i have is for those without opportunity.Seemingly a product of a species without reason.
I grabbed my opportunity, as do all who know death.

Last edited:

Related to Out of this world. The horizon.

1. What is the horizon?

The horizon is the apparent line that separates the Earth from the sky. It is the farthest point that can be seen from a specific vantage point.

2. Why does the horizon appear flat?

The horizon appears flat because of the curvature of the Earth. From a human's perspective, the Earth's curvature is not easily noticeable, making the horizon seem flat.

3. Can the horizon be different on other planets?

Yes, the horizon can appear different on other planets depending on their size and shape. For example, on a smaller planet, the horizon may appear closer due to the planet's curvature.

4. How does the horizon change at different altitudes?

The higher the altitude, the farther away the horizon appears due to the curvature of the Earth. At sea level, the horizon is approximately 3 miles away, but at an altitude of 35,000 feet, the horizon is about 220 miles away.

5. Is the horizon affected by weather conditions?

Yes, the horizon can be affected by weather conditions such as fog or haze, which can make it appear closer or farther away. Also, during sunrise or sunset, the horizon may appear distorted due to the bending of light as it passes through the Earth's atmosphere.