Peak of the number of daily deaths caused by Covid19

• COVID
  • Thread starter kent davidge
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Peak
In summary, based on calculations, it seems as though the peak of the pandemic has already been reached. However, it is still too soon to say for sure, and more information is needed before a conclusion can be made.
kent davidge
Around the mid of april, I had done some calculations to get some numbers for daily deaths in my country due to covid19. It was really simple, just a gaussian without taking into account any other factor.

I concluded that if the peak of daily deaths occurred on april 30, we would have about 500 deaths that day. The officially reported number of deaths turned out to be about 500! So if my model was correct, we already passed the peak, right?

But how to know if my model was correct? It seems that I have to wait until the "end" of the pandemic, to see if the peak was indeed reach on april 30. Correct? If that's the case, then my model was giving me the right numbers.

Biology news on Phys.org
Or you were lucky. It would be nice if there was some theoretical motivation for your model. This is especially true when you are dealing with something like a virus epidemic, where the growth can be exponential and there has been a lot of work on models that have a lot of logic behind them.

FactChecker said:
Or you were lucky
:oldbiggrin:
FactChecker said:
It would be nice if there was some theoretical motivation for your model
I think the main motivation is that there must be an increase as more and more people get infected, then as less people get infected (since a large portion of the population already got the virus) less people will die? Until we reach a point far away, aka letting time go to infinity, where essentially nobody is dying from the virus.

I think the most simple mathematical function for describing that is a gaussian.

Likes FactChecker and kent davidge

1. What does the "peak" of daily deaths caused by Covid19 mean?

The "peak" refers to the highest number of daily deaths recorded during a specific period of time. In the context of Covid19, it represents the point at which the number of daily deaths caused by the virus reaches its highest level before starting to decrease.

2. How is the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19 determined?

The peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19 is determined by analyzing data from reliable sources, such as government agencies and health organizations. This data includes the number of confirmed deaths from Covid19 on a daily basis, and is used to identify the point at which the number of daily deaths reaches its highest level.

3. What factors contribute to the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19?

Several factors can contribute to the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19. These include the rate of infection, the effectiveness of containment measures, and the availability of medical resources and treatments. The peak can also be influenced by factors such as population density, demographics, and underlying health conditions of the affected population.

4. How long does the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19 typically last?

The duration of the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19 can vary depending on the effectiveness of containment measures and the availability of medical resources. In some cases, the peak may last for several weeks before starting to decline. However, this can also be influenced by factors such as the emergence of new variants of the virus or changes in public health policies.

5. Can the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19 be predicted?

While it is not possible to accurately predict the exact timing and magnitude of the peak of daily deaths caused by Covid19, mathematical models and data analysis can provide estimates and projections. However, these predictions are subject to change as new data and information becomes available, and should be interpreted with caution.