PF PHOTO CONTEST - Creepy-crawlies

In summary, the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Creepy-crawlies is a competition that challenges participants to capture the eerie and unsettling beauty of insects, spiders, and other creepy-crawlies through photography. The contest aims to showcase the often overlooked creatures and highlight their important role in the ecosystem. Participants are encouraged to use their creativity and skills to capture unique and captivating images of these often misunderstood creatures. The winners of the contest will be recognized and their photos will be featured on the PF website and social media platforms.
dlgoff said:
Yep. But they are starting to make a little comeback here in Kansas. I saw more last summer in my apple trees than I've seen in years. I'm hopeing this summer will be even better.
I pray that this happens here, Don. There are no wild honeybees around anywhere. They may have died off before the commercial hives did, and only the business-aspect of the commercial die-off triggered an alarm. I did not see a single honeybee last summer, and one of my nearest neighbors and I have extensive organic gardens with fruit-trees. Yields really stink when the pollinators are ill-adapted to the crops. For example, bumblebees are buzz-pollinators and are excellent at pollinating squash and other crops with big blossoms. They are not so good at pollinating plants with small blossoms that require the insects to negotiate a narrow space in order to get the pollen/nectar, etc, and visit other similar blossoms.

I don't know what's causing all of this, but I live in an area that is heavily dependent on corn-fed dairy cows, and I fear that GM corn with enhanced BT content is killing off hives near those fields. If the BT toxins could be confined to the green parts of the plants, we might be OK, but I fear that the genetic manipulation has been heavy-handed and the BT toxins extend to the pollen, and that bees are taking it home. BT paralyzes the gut of insects that consume it so that they starve.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "PF PHOTO CONTEST - Creepy-crawlies"? </h2><p>The purpose of the contest is to encourage individuals to capture and share photographs of various creepy-crawlies found in their environment. It aims to create awareness and appreciation for these often misunderstood creatures.</p><h2>2. Who can participate in the contest?</h2><p>The contest is open to anyone with an interest in photography and creepy-crawlies. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.</p><h2>3. Are there any specific guidelines for the photographs?</h2><p>Yes, the photographs must feature a creepy-crawly as the main subject and should be captured in its natural environment. The use of filters or heavy editing is not allowed. Please refer to the contest rules for more details.</p><h2>4. How are the winners selected?</h2><p>A panel of judges will evaluate the entries based on creativity, composition, and overall impact. The winners will be announced on the contest website and social media pages.</p><h2>5. What are the prizes for the winners?</h2><p>The prizes may vary depending on the contest, but they typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity to have the winning photograph featured in a publication or exhibition.</p>

Related to PF PHOTO CONTEST - Creepy-crawlies

1. What is the purpose of the "PF PHOTO CONTEST - Creepy-crawlies"?

The purpose of the contest is to encourage individuals to capture and share photographs of various creepy-crawlies found in their environment. It aims to create awareness and appreciation for these often misunderstood creatures.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone with an interest in photography and creepy-crawlies. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.

3. Are there any specific guidelines for the photographs?

Yes, the photographs must feature a creepy-crawly as the main subject and should be captured in its natural environment. The use of filters or heavy editing is not allowed. Please refer to the contest rules for more details.

4. How are the winners selected?

A panel of judges will evaluate the entries based on creativity, composition, and overall impact. The winners will be announced on the contest website and social media pages.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes may vary depending on the contest, but they typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity to have the winning photograph featured in a publication or exhibition.