PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (12/22-12/28)

In summary, the pictures that have been submitted so far are all of Christmas related subjects. Some are quite nice, while others are not so great. The winner of this contest is likely to be determined by the votes that are cast at the end of the contest.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This week, you have the freedom to interpret the theme anyway you want. So anything Christmas related qualifies.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, etc.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! It can't be that difficult to find something that fits into this theme.

Hopefully, after today, there'll be plenty of pictures.

Zz.

Dang, I'd love to but I have dial-up, plus got rid of the crappy HP software that resizes images for you.

Maybe everybody's busy drinking.. err, I mean celebrating Christmas.

You might just win this by default! :)

Zz.

Yay! My mommy will be so proud.

santafoxy.jpg

Foxylady and Santa

Seeing as Hypatia just posted a pic straight to the forum, I'll do the same. Unfortunately it will probably be too big, so if it must be DQd for that reason, I'll live.Here it is...maybe...if this piece of junk decides to work.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 347
binzing, read rules 2, 3.

physarrista: That's got to be the cutest Christmas tree I've seen!

Yes, Gokul, I did. It seems to have worked if you click that link. As I stated before, I don't have a size reducing program. I posted it anyways, because its a good photo for this kind of contest, and I rarely have a chance to take part in such events with my photos. (photography being one of my pasttimes)

hypatia posted a direct img-tagged link to picture location on an image upload server. What you've tried to do is include an attachment.

If you go to imageshack.us they will resize your picture to 640 x 480.

well the deed has been done, so doesn't really matter now

binzing said:
well the deed has been done, so doesn't really matter now

Why not?

You still have time to upload the picture as required and link it here. If you don't, it can't be included in the contest.

Zz.

OK, I used imageshack. Here's the link...I think...they had like 8 friggin' links to use.
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5408/image0vw0.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing says it's Christmas as a tree and lots of presents. Santa definitely was here.

img9717hx0.jpg

Zz.

http://bikeflat.com/albums/christmas06/DSC_2463.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Final day to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

2143011155_2685ee6c4b_o.jpg

nice homey photos--hmm, hmmmm

hey, Z, you have a nice collection of rooster artwork---some look like they're old watercolors, or hand colored etchings?

rewebster said:
nice homey photos--hmm, hmmmmhey, Z, you have a nice collection of rooster artwork---some look like they're old watercolors, or hand colored etchings?

They're not mine. They belong to my "adopted" mom's in Iowa City.

A few were hand painted, but most are simply prints. She collects chickens and roosters "kitsch", and they're all displayed in the sun room where the picture was taken.

Zz.

well, at least it's not blue geese

What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST this week?

The theme for this week's PF PHOTO CONTEST is "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas". We encourage participants to capture the festive atmosphere and holiday decorations in their photos.

Do I have to be a professional photographer to enter the contest?

No, the PF PHOTO CONTEST is open to photographers of all levels and backgrounds. We welcome everyone to participate and showcase their unique perspective on the theme.

How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, simply post it on Instagram with the hashtag #PFPhotoContest and tag our official account @PFPhotoContest. Make sure your profile is set to public so we can see your entry.

Are there any prizes for the winner of the contest?

Yes, the winner of the PF PHOTO CONTEST will receive a prize of $100 and will be featured on our social media accounts. There will also be a runner-up prize of $50. Winners will be announced on our Instagram page on December 29th.

Can I submit more than one photo for the contest?

Yes, you can submit multiple entries for the PF PHOTO CONTEST. However, please note that only one entry per person will be eligible to win a prize. We encourage you to choose your best photo to submit.