PF PHOTO CONTEST - Something different (nov 1-7)

In summary, the conversation revolved around the benefits of regular exercise and how it can improve overall health and wellness. It was also mentioned that incorporating exercise into daily routines can be challenging, but it is important to find activities that are enjoyable and sustainable. Additionally, the conversation touched on the importance of setting realistic goals and being consistent with exercise habits.
lisab said:
That's very nice, sganesh :smile:.

Thanks a ton.! A compliment can do wonders believe me. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Ooh, I like that one sganesh! One "different" flower. Very cool. I like the quote you put with it too.

sganesh,
Your photo really speaks out at this time in our history, (not putting a number on that time line.)
Purity of hope surrounded by so many exhausted and beaten down, mixed in with the darkness.
This photo seems to simply define what "different" is like Moonbear seems to say.

Against the opposing force. Thank you for bringing Gandhi's memory and wisdom here to share.

Thanks Lacy.. Gandhi's words struck me when i saw those flowers.
Persistence and determination aren't reserved for the humans alone, i feel..
Thank you for bringing Gandhi's memory and wisdom here to share.
The quote was a part of his article "On God". You can read the full article and listen to his voice in this page.
http://www.gandhiserve.org/information/listen_to_gandhi/lec_1_on_god/augven_spiritual_message.html

Much of his ideas in this article are relevant to physics.
"The Law and Law Giver are One"
Gandhi's God is much akin to the God of the Celestial Religion proposed by Einstein. Its stunning how people in such different fields come to the same conclusion on these matters. :-o

testing

flower1j.jpg

is this the right size please?

Lacy33 said:
testing
is this the right size please?

It's 640 x 621 and it should be no more than 650 x 490

And, Marzena, what is that in your picture? It's very creepy looking. Cool, but creepy looking.

Last edited:
GeorginaS said:
It's 640 x 621 and it should be no more than 650 x 490

And, Marzena, what is that in your picture? It's very creepy looking. Cool, but creepy looking.

OK, Thank you. I was trying to help size it with photo bucket but if this is not the correct size then I don't know how to re size it.

Lacy33 said:
OK, Thank you. I was trying to help size it with photo bucket but if this is not the correct size then I don't know how to re size it.

Here you go:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8992/flower1j.jpg​
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Equate said:
Here you go:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8992/flower1j.jpg​
[/URL]

BIG thank you for little picture :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the resize guys.

Ivan, I'm afraid you're too late. voting has started

Ivan,
I'm sure that if I were there and was left to navigate only by what is shown in your photo, I would be totally confounded. There are so many "different" and confusing things in the the picture that it almost makes me feel as if I were from Mars.
I can't say it's a real "feel good" picture, but I think you might have gotten a lot of votes on it including mine.

matthyaouw said:
Thanks for the resize guys.

Ivan, I'm afraid you're too late. voting has started

Yes, I noticed that right after I posted. What is the official cutoff time?

Lacy33 said:
Ivan,
I'm sure that if I were there and was left to navigate only by what is shown in your photo, I would be totally confounded. There are so many "different" and confusing things in the the picture that it almost makes me feel as if I were from Mars.
I can't say it's a real "feel good" picture, but I think you might have gotten a lot of votes on it including mine.

Thanks. I think you are seeing the Presidential Palace in the background, in Lima, Peru. The boy with the flute was not only interesting, but also representive of the Peru experience, from my pov.

Europe is certainly different than the US, but when you land in Lima, you know you aren't in Kansas anymore. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, I noticed that right after I posted. What is the official cutoff time?

No official time I'm afraid. As late in the day as I am able to get online, but sometimes that ends up beeing before I go to work in the morning.