PF PHOTO CONTEST - Will You Be My Valentine? (2/10-2/16)

In summary, Valentine's Day is approaching and the theme for this week's photo contest is Valentine's Day. Participants are asked to submit a digital photo or scanned photo that has a clear connection to Valentine's Day. The contest rules state that only one photo per member is allowed, the photo must be taken by the member themselves, and it cannot be reused in another contest. The photos will be voted on by PF members and the winner will be determined. There are also guidelines for resizing and editing photos. A member shared a photo of their dog sending Valentine's wishes and another member shared a photo of Donald and Daisy in front of heart-shaped topiaries. One member was disqualified for not following the theme, but later submitted a photo of a snowy
Physics news on Phys.org
Kurdt said:
As long as Turbo doesn't make it the way he'd write his name.
You're right! That would not make the cut. "Watch out where the huskies go and ...":rofl:

Astronuc said:
I made a remark in the other Valentine's thread about hot sauce as a gift on Valentine's Day. Well, this is my gift from my wife. :!)

How great is that?!Now I have to go write in the snow! :biggrin:
You have a sweetie, there! Our habanero sauce took our neighbor by surprise and made him an indelible reputation on his shift at the mill. Jeese! People need to use peppers, but treat them with respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
A St. Valentine's evening:

http://www.astroskwurl.net/PF/Valentines.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo, that is the sweetest heart there is!

SpaceTiger said:
A St. Valentine's evening:

What's with the sock?

:)

Zz.

turbo-1 said:
You have a sweetie, there! Our habanero sauce took our neighbor by surprise and made him an indelible reputation on his shift at the mill. Jeese! People need to use peppers, but treat them with respect!
:rofl: Was he experienced? People have to work up to habaneros. :tongue2:

ZapperZ said:
What's with the sock?
Moment of passion? :rofl: I mean those candy boxes look empty. :rolleyes:

You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest, moment of passion or not.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
What's with the sock?

:)

Zz.

You had to ask?! :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
You had to ask?! :bugeye:

Yes. From what I "recall", socks don't go with chocolates, unless it is 100% pure cotton and one is in desperate need of non-soluble fiber in one's diet!

:rofl:

Zz.

Astronuc said:
:rofl: Was he experienced? People have to work up to habaneros. :tongue2:
Yes, he was experienced. No problem. They were having a "sandwich night" on his shift on the paper machine and he packed that little jar in his lunch box to spice up his sandwich when they were delivered. There were a few guys that saw him do that and asked if they could have some for their subs, too. He said OK, and warned them not to put on too much. They pretty much ignored him and treated the sauce like it was commercial salsa. Big mistake! That stuff is mostly pure habanero, with some garlic (which Alan gave us, BTW) - it's fantastic, but you've got to respect it. He said that one guy who brags about loving hot stuff (he thinks shaking Tabasco on a sandwich makes it hot :yuck: ) put a couple of teaspoons of the sauce on his sandwich and about the second bite, sweat was beading up on his temples and he "casually" hustled over to the water cooler - and didn't finish his sub. :tongue2:

turbo-1 said:
Yes, he was experienced. No problem. They were having a "sandwich night" on his shift on the paper machine and he packed that little jar in his lunch box to spice up his sandwich when they were delivered. There were a few guys that saw him do that and asked if they could have some for their subs, too. He said OK, and warned them not to put on too much. They pretty much ignored him and treated the sauce like it was commercial salsa. Big mistake! That stuff is mostly pure habanero, with some garlic (which Alan gave us, BTW) - it's fantastic, but you've got to respect it. He said that one guy who brags about loving hot stuff (he thinks shaking Tabasco on a sandwich makes it hot :yuck: ) put a couple of teaspoons of the sauce on his sandwich and about the second bite, sweat was beading up on his temples and he "casually" hustled over to the water cooler - and didn't finish his sub. :tongue2:
:rofl: :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
Yes. From what I "recall", socks don't go with chocolates, unless it is 100% pure cotton and one is in desperate need of non-soluble fiber in one's diet!
Could be his favorite sock. I wonder if it has a name? :rofl:

Astronuc said:
Could be his favorite sock. I wonder if it has a name? :rofl:

Not yet, but I'm thinking of calling it "Zapper". :wink:

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

Okay, more to the point, do you really want to know the answer? :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Okay, more to the point, do you really want to know the answer? :uhh:

Yes, of course I do! I can handle it! I've been a grown up for ... oh... at least 2 hours now!

Zz.

I imagined the sock was the last bit of clothing to be tossed aside. Altho, doing "it" in your socks is acceptable in cold weather.:redface:

hypatia said:
Turbo, that is the sweetest heart there is!
Thanks! There was not even a trace of it when my wife got up to go to work and she shoveled it away, anyway, to get to her car. :rolleyes: When she got home tonight, I showed her the picture on the PC and she loved it. :!)