Photo Contest - A Lonely Path (9/21-9/27)

In summary, the photo contest has the theme of "A Lonely Path" and is open to all passionate photographers. Participants can submit multiple photos, but it is recommended to choose their best one. The judging criteria will include creativity, theme adherence, technical skill, and overall impact. Winners will be announced on the last day of the contest through the website, social media, and email. The exact time of the announcement may vary, so it is advised to check regularly.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A Lonely Path

What image does that phrase conjures up in your mind? That's the picture that we want to see.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Size limitations: Your photo is only limited to the file size limitation set by PhysicsForums. However, your may want to consider reducing the size of your photo if the file size exceeds 1 Mb. If your file is being hosted elsewhere, I will have to see how it is being displayed here, and I may ask you to resize and resubmit if it causes problems.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
CCF2319-00000.jpg

Along the Love River. Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Likes davenn
The path.JPG

A gazebo above the mosquito line was the original plan.
997 KB.

Likes PhanthomJay and davenn
A river's (the Columbia) lonely path to the sea.
columbia river.jpg

Likes jtbell and davenn
DSC_1350.jpeg

Likes davenn, fresh_42 and BillTre
The effects on this photo is actually due to the lens being unintentionally greasy.
It turned out pretty nice anyway, I think.

48786806956_cf1617a893_c.jpg

Likes Rubidium_71, fresh_42 and davenn
marzena_a_lonely_path.JPG

Likes BillTre and DennisN
Path.JPG

Likes DennisN
A Lonely Path-1.jpg

Likes morrobay, jtbell, DennisN and 3 others
DSCN4952.JPG

Zz.

Likes BillTre and DennisN
Maybe it, at length, leads to somewhere interesting.
DSCN5311.JPG

Likes Rubidium_71 and DennisN
This will be a brutal contest. All the photos here range from excellent to outstanding. :smile: I have no idea which one I will vote for...

Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

lonelypath2.jpg

A few minutes later, the class period ended and the path wasn't lonely any more.

Likes BillTre
lonely-path.jpg

Likes Rubidium_71, morrobay, BillTre and 1 other person

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "A Lonely Path." This means that submitted photos should depict a person or object on a path or journey alone.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their photos.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit a photo for the contest, you will need to follow the guidelines provided by the organizer. This may include tagging the photo on social media with a specific hashtag or submitting it through an online form.

4. What are the judging criteria for the photo contest?

The judging criteria for the photo contest may vary depending on the organizer. However, some common criteria may include creativity, composition, technical skills, and how well the photo fits the theme.

5. Are there any prizes for the winners of the photo contest?

Yes, there are usually prizes for the winners of the photo contest. These may include cash prizes, photography equipment, or other valuable items. Be sure to check the contest rules to see what the prizes are for this specific contest.