Photo Contest - Almost Famous (6/15-6/21)

In summary, the photo contest theme is "Almost Famous" and submissions should feature people or things on the brink of fame. To enter, submit a photo through the entry form on the website, following all guidelines and providing required information. Eligible photos must be original and align with the theme, and there is no entry fee. Multiple submissions are allowed but must be unique and meet all guidelines.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Almost Famous

This week, the intention is not for us to be anywhere near a tabloid journal. The topic of this week's contest is photos that has a famous person or celebrity.

Certainly, the term famous is subjective, and a person can be famous and well-known only within the local community and nowhere else. That is fine, as long as you have evidence to support that the person, or persons, in the photo has become famous. The evidence can be in the form of a link to news article, etc... I would also say that an entry for that person in Wikipedia will qualify as evidence (and you know how painful it is for me to say that).

So, if you have photos of a famous person or celebrity, post them here. If you think that this person is not that well-known outside of a region, then please include a link. Please note that this photo must not violate any laws, and does not violate the person's privacy.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how. Alternatively, you may simply upload your image file to PF, and then have the full image displayed in your post.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
I would also say that an entry for that person in Wikipedia will qualify as evidence (and you know how painful it is for me to say that).
:oldlaugh:

The young, talented Norwegian pop singer and songwriter Sigrid.
Photo taken at Roskilde Festival, Denmark, July 2018.
Link: Sigrid (singer)
- from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that everyone can edit.
- What do you mean, everyone?
- EVERYONE!

43525841271_6bb8abb75a_z.jpg

Likes Wrichik Basu, DennisN, Borg and 1 other person
Scanned curly old print of Photo I took a long time ago (1971).
2dlj0cm.jpg

Likes DennisN
epenguin said:
Scanned curly old print of Photo I took a long time ago (1971).
Is that Fidel Castro or Liam Neeson dressed as Castro? :oldbiggrin:

Now you mention it Liam Neeson would be exactly right even down to nose and facial structure for the part, I had wondered who he reminded me of even, and no doubt he will be offered it one day. He was born the year after Castro (for it is he) took Havana.

Likes DennisN
Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

epenguin said:
Now you mention it Liam Neeson would be exactly right even down to nose and facial structure for the part, I had wondered who he reminded me of even, and no doubt he will be offered it one day. He was born the year after Castro (for it is he) took Havana.
If I remember correctly, I noticed the similarities between the two when I saw a clip or documentary about Castro and Cuba, and thought "hey, Castro looks like Liam Neeson" :smile:.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "Almost Famous," which means the photos should capture a moment or subject that is on the verge of becoming well-known or recognized.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography and meets the eligibility requirements, such as age and location, specified in the contest rules.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you will need to follow the instructions provided on the contest website. This may include filling out a form, uploading your photo to a specific platform, or emailing your photo to the contest organizers.

4. Can I submit multiple photos for the contest?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos for the contest as long as each photo meets the contest rules and guidelines. However, you may be limited to a certain number of entries per person.

5. How will the winner be selected?

The winner will be selected by a panel of judges who will evaluate the photos based on the contest criteria, such as creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme. The winner will be announced on the contest website and/or social media pages.