Photo Contest - Autumn/Fall (Nov 8-15)

In summary: MORE...this year!In summary, Autumn (Fall) is a time of change, transition, and growth. The contest theme is open to any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo related to Autumn (Fall), and members are allowed one picture per week. Pictures must be no larger than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels, and must be posted in the contest thread. Members are allowed to use a picture only once. At the end of the contest, a poll will be opened for members to vote on their favorite picture.
Coprinus comatus. It looks more or less nice when it is young, but when it gets older (and that means just a day or two) its edge turns into disgusting black, dripping fluid. Calling this particular mushroom wonderfull is an abuse of the word :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
GeorginaS said:
I want to live in the world the way larkspur sees it.

Meet you there :smile:

Borek said:
Coprinus comatus. It looks more or less nice when it is young, but when it gets older (and that means just a day or two) its edge turns into disgusting black, dripping fluid. Calling this particular mushroom wonderfull is an abuse of the word :wink:
I would like to start taking mushroom photos. They have piqued my interest for some reason.
I shall have to find some first...

GeorginaS said:
I want to live in the world the way larkspur sees it.

I tend to look at everything like I was seeing it through the camera. Gets me in trouble sometimes while I am driving :biggrin:

I imagine that would annoy one's spouse/s.o. too.

Redbelly98 said:
I imagine that would annoy one's spouse/s.o. too.

Not if I'm using a macro lens.:redface:

Did we get to vote on these and I missed it?

Redbelly98 said:
Japanese maple tree in my backyard, 2 days ago. Today those leaves are noticeably browner.

JapMaple_Fall2008_7217.jpg

i have one of those!

Cool tree. Our cat loves to hang out under it on hot summer days. I keep the branches trimmed back from touching the ground, mainly so we can tell if he's under there.

I did Andre's suggested google search, but haven't make it past the Wikipedia article. Just need a wee bit more free time.