Photo Contest - Stormy Weather (11th - 18th Jul)

In summary, the contest rules are that you must resize your photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels, and you may crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. You are limited to one picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing. The contest will end at the end of the week
Hello, back from my hols so I can run the contests again. Thanks to everyone who kept this going when I was gone :smile:

As far as my stance on the manipulation issue goes, I have no intention of changing the rules ZapperZ used in his time running the contest. This does mean simple stuff such as panoramas, b&w conversion etc is ruled out, as is a whole host of other stuff. I kind of feel that it would be opening the floodgates if I were to allow these things in. For example if I were to allow stitched panoramas, why not stitched Photo planets which more or less work on the same principle, but are certainly what I'd call a special effect. As far as I'm concerned, the same applies to darkroom stuff as it does to digital. If you've done anything fancy to it in processing, it can't be entered.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?</h2><p>The purpose of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest is to encourage photographers to capture and share their best images of stormy weather, such as thunderstorms, hurricanes, blizzards, and other natural phenomena.</p><h2>2. Who can participate in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?</h2><p>The "Stormy Weather" photo contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and an interest in capturing the beauty and power of stormy weather. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to enter.</p><h2>3. How do I enter the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?</h2><p>To enter the "Stormy Weather" photo contest, you will need to submit your photo through the designated submission form on the contest website. Be sure to read and follow all guidelines and rules before submitting your entry.</p><h2>4. What criteria will be used to judge the photos in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?</h2><p>The photos in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest will be judged based on their creativity, composition, technical skill, and how well they capture the theme of stormy weather. The judges will also take into consideration the overall impact and emotional response evoked by the photo.</p><h2>5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?</h2><p>The prizes for the winners of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest may vary, but typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity for the winning photos to be featured in a publication or exhibition. Be sure to check the contest website for the specific prizes for this year's competition.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?

The purpose of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest is to encourage photographers to capture and share their best images of stormy weather, such as thunderstorms, hurricanes, blizzards, and other natural phenomena.

2. Who can participate in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?

The "Stormy Weather" photo contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and an interest in capturing the beauty and power of stormy weather. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to enter.

3. How do I enter the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?

To enter the "Stormy Weather" photo contest, you will need to submit your photo through the designated submission form on the contest website. Be sure to read and follow all guidelines and rules before submitting your entry.

4. What criteria will be used to judge the photos in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?

The photos in the "Stormy Weather" photo contest will be judged based on their creativity, composition, technical skill, and how well they capture the theme of stormy weather. The judges will also take into consideration the overall impact and emotional response evoked by the photo.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest?

The prizes for the winners of the "Stormy Weather" photo contest may vary, but typically include cash prizes, photography equipment, and the opportunity for the winning photos to be featured in a publication or exhibition. Be sure to check the contest website for the specific prizes for this year's competition.