Photovoltaic connected to grid

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's attempt to create an MATLAB emulation on cogeneration and connecting a DC photovoltaic array to an AC Mains power grid. They have attached a PDF with equations and code, but the recipient does not understand the purpose of the circuit and asks for clarification. The speaker mentions using countercurrent and posts a new version of their code, but the recipient still does not understand and points out that the circuit resembles a DC power supply. They ask for more information about the purpose and control concept of the switches in the circuit.
Negroponte
I'm working on this subject. I'm trying to make a MATLAB emulation on this subject. In tha attached pdf I have the equations and the MATLAB code. You think that the graphs below are correct. You think that the current graph shouldn't be "negative".
I will be glad to see your comments.

Attachments

• demo_eng.pdf
    354.5 KB · Views: 252
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, your attachment makes no sense to me in the context of cogeneration and connecting a DC photovoltaic array to the AC Mains power grid. What is the AC source at the left of your diagrams, and why are you rectifying AC power? That would seem to be backwards from what the title of this thread implies you are wanting to do.

Also, the text in the PDF will have to be translated into English, if you want much feedback on the writeup.

Thanks for your reply...I will try to be more clear in a new pdf soon. I guess that you were confused because I actually use countercurrent...I will post a new version soon

Well, I upload a new version of my code. What I'm trying to make is an dc to ac inverter. I use method Runge Kutta extract current It and If. It is possitive, but If is negative(it should be possitive too). Also, for my possitive value of current It (about 48) I should take a possitive and rate value for the DC PV source Vpv. Anybody can help?

Attachments

• demo_eng.pdf
    346.2 KB · Views: 285
  • main2.m
    144 bytes · Views: 395
  • printSol.m
    508 bytes · Views: 358
Last edited:
m files

Attachments

• main.m
    150 bytes · Views: 353
  • fun_dip.m
    1.3 KB · Views: 353
  • runKut4.m
    990 bytes · Views: 356
m files too

Attachments

• fun_dip_1.m
    1.2 KB · Views: 369
Sorry, your circuit resembles a DC power supply.
And a rather odd DC power supply at best.
Are 1,2,3,4 supposed to be switchs in which case maybe, but in that case what is the purpose of Lf and Lw
If those are switches then what is your control concept.

Last edited:

What is a photovoltaic (PV) system connected to the grid?

A PV system connected to the grid is a solar power system that is connected to the main electrical grid of a building or community. This allows for the excess solar energy produced by the system to be sent back to the grid, reducing the reliance on traditional electricity sources.

How does a photovoltaic system connected to the grid work?

A PV system connected to the grid works by converting sunlight into electricity through the use of solar panels. The electricity produced is sent to an inverter which converts it from direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC). The AC electricity can then be used to power the building or home, with any excess energy being sent back to the main grid.

What are the benefits of a photovoltaic system connected to the grid?

There are several benefits to having a PV system connected to the grid. These include reducing energy costs, reducing reliance on traditional electricity sources, and reducing carbon emissions. Additionally, if the grid experiences a power outage, the PV system can provide backup electricity.

What are the components of a photovoltaic system connected to the grid?

The main components of a PV system connected to the grid include solar panels, an inverter, a meter, and a grid connection point. The solar panels capture sunlight and convert it into electricity, the inverter converts the electricity to a usable form, the meter measures the energy produced and sent back to the grid, and the grid connection point allows for the system to be connected to the main grid.

What are the potential challenges of a photovoltaic system connected to the grid?

Some potential challenges of a PV system connected to the grid include initial installation costs, potential restrictions or regulations from utility companies, and the need for proper maintenance and monitoring. Additionally, the amount of energy produced by the system may be affected by factors such as weather and location.