Physics professor substituted for a 2nd grade class

In summary, the students in this 2nd grade class reacted differently to the Physics Professor, with some being happy and approving, while others were angry and disapproving. The professor, in turn, was angry and frustrated at the students for their reactions.
fizzzzzzzzzzzy
if a physics professor substituted for a 2nd grade class and the student from left to right were like this :rofl: :smile: :mad: :approve: :bugeye: :tongue2: :cry: :uhh: :biggrin: :confused: :grumpy: :rolleyes: :redface: :wink: :yuck: :frown: :cool: :eek: :devil: :blushing: :zzz: :shy: :tongue:
Where is the Physics professor

Physics news on Phys.org
You said those were the students. So the Prof. shouldn't be among those faces.

This Physics Professor must really be something to get such different reactions from the students ! Did you notice that no 2 students have the same kind of expression ? What are the odds of that happening ? :eek:

Who do you think will score higher in the class?
:bugeye: or :eek: or ?

Math is Hard said:
Who do you think will score higher in the class?
:bugeye: or :eek: or ?

Simple! It's the guy with the glasses: :bugeye: .

i think the prof. must be :zzz:
bcoz in this case, the students are free to do anything as the prof. is sleeping, thus they give different expressions, actually6 they are making different faces. something like that

fizzzzzzzzzzzy said:
Where is the Physics professor

In the bar, testing my two beer algorithm.

hehe, I am pretty sure is this guy :devil: , physics teachers sometimes take out their wooping sticks. :tongue2:

It's a trick question. He's two faces, just at different times of the day.

At the start of the day, the Professor is :smile: .

I'll proceed by straighforward deduction, and we'll see who the professor is at the end of the day.

The class was about relativity that day. The Professor gave a quiz. Mr. Bright :biggrin: and Mr. Smart :approve: were well prepared and ready to go. On the other hand, Mr. Sleepy :zzz: and Mr. Surprised didn't know there was a quiz, because they hadn't been paying attention when the Professor :smile: annouced it.

Mr. Funny :tongue: thought it would be a hoot if Mr. Gross :yuck: started making bodily noises during the quiz, and he talked him into it. This caused waves of laughter, and the Professor became visibly upset. But it soon died down, and the quiz ended.

Then the professor :smile: collected the homework. Mr. Jock :cool: and Mr. Mean :devil: didn't do theirs, so they tried to copy Mr. Nerdy's and Mr. Geeky's homework. But Nerdy and Geeky wouldn't let them, so after class :cool: and :devil: gave Mr. Nerdy a wedgie :eek: , and they gave Mr. Geeky a swirly :rofl:.

During lab, Mr. Flirty :wink: and Mr. Horny :tongue2: were more interested in the girls at the next table (there are only 2 girls in this class), and started making eyes at them. Ms. Shy :shy: and Ms. Bashful :blushing: noticed, and found it difficult to concentrate.

Mr. Bright :biggrin: and Mr. Smart :approve: were getting good results, but the rest of the class was having trouble. Mr. Confused :confused: and Mr. Slow :uhh: weren't able to put together the setup. Meanwhile at another table, Mr. Silly :redface: had his lab manual opened to the wrong page, so he and his partner Mr. Grumpy :grumpy: wasted the whole hour. Mr. Sad :cry: and Mr. Dumps :frown: broke their apparatus. Finally, Mr. Ramkiesel and Mr. Geist1024 were a pair of crackpots (damn, I'm not just clever, I'm also subtle) and they took the course just to get in the lab and prove their theories correct. But when the data came into support relativity, Ramkiesel couldn't believe his eyes :bugeye: . But Geist1024 was unfazed. He balked at the experiment :rolleyes: , knowing that it could be trumped by a sufficiently clever gedanken experiment.

So it's elementary my dear Watson. At the end of the day, the Professor wasn't :smile: anymore.

He was :mad: .

Hilarious! Especially this part!

Tom Mattson said:
Then the professor :smile: collected the homework. Mr. Jock :cool: and Mr. Mean :devil: didn't do theirs, so they tried to copy Mr. Nerdy's and Mr. Geeky's homework. But Nerdy and Geeky wouldn't let them, so after class :cool: and :devil: gave Mr. Nerdy a wedgie :eek: , and they gave Mr. Geeky a swirly :rofl:.

Lucky you're a calc teacher and have only nice, dedicated, and attentive students!

Math Is Hard said:
Lucky you're a calc teacher and have only nice, dedicated, and attentive students!

I also teach College Algebra and Trigonometry. :cool: and :devil: are enrolled.

:frown:

Tom Mattson said:
During lab, Mr. Flirty :wink: and Mr. Horny :tongue2: were more interested in the girls at the next table (there are only 2 girls in this class), and started making eyes at them. Ms. Shy :shy: and Ms. Bashful :blushing: noticed, and found it difficult to concentrate.

I've had that group in every lab class I've ever taught!

As for the professor, well, it's a tough call. Being a physics professor, it could be :zzz: (One of my friends had a physics professor fall asleep during a class...he was showing a filmstrip for some mysterious reason, and part way through, the tape kept playing and he wasn't advancing the film anymore...they weren't sure if they should wake him or just quietly slip out of the room). Or, being in a classroom full of second-graders, any adult would be reduced to :cry:

But, it's actually a trick question...those are ALL students, the question says so, the professor is likely standing in front of the class staring out at that sea of faces, trembling in fear!

1. What is the purpose of a physics professor substituting for a 2nd grade class?

The purpose of a physics professor substituting for a 2nd grade class is to introduce young students to the fascinating world of physics and engage them in hands-on learning activities to spark their curiosity and interest in the subject.

2. What qualifications does a physics professor have to teach a 2nd grade class?

A physics professor typically has a strong background in science, mathematics, and education. They have completed advanced degrees in physics and have experience teaching at the university level. They also have a passion for teaching and interacting with students of all ages.

3. What topics might a physics professor cover with a 2nd grade class?

A physics professor may cover a variety of topics with a 2nd grade class, such as the properties of matter, forces and motion, energy, and simple machines. They may also introduce basic scientific concepts and encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills through fun and interactive experiments and activities.

4. How can a physics professor make physics interesting and understandable for 2nd graders?

A physics professor can make physics interesting and understandable for 2nd graders by using age-appropriate and relatable examples, hands-on activities, and visual aids. They can also break down complex concepts into simpler terms and encourage student participation and discussion to keep the class engaged and curious.

5. What are the benefits of having a physics professor teach a 2nd grade class?

Having a physics professor teach a 2nd grade class can benefit students by introducing them to a new and exciting subject, promoting critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and fostering a love for learning and science. It can also inspire students to pursue further education and careers in STEM fields.