Physics Textbook for A High School Student

In summary, the speaker is 17 years old and interested in physics. They are studying Leonard Susskind lectures and are currently on Lecture 2. They are looking for textbook recommendations, preferably in simple English, and have also been reading books about physics but find them too simple. They are considering getting Susskind's books on Classical Mechanics and Quantum Mechanics, which are meant to reeducate people who have previously taken physics courses.
Quarlep
I am 17 years old and I am very curious about physics I am studying Leonard Susskind Lectures And I am in Lecture 2.Could you advice me textbook.about physics My english is not very good so ıt must be simple english.I am also read boks about physics but they are so simple.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're watching the Susskind videos then you should consider getting his two books on Classical Mechanics and on Quantum Mechanics. Remember though that Susskind has said these are theoretical minimum that one must know to learn physics. Also they are different from high school physics in that his goal is to reeducate people who have taken college physics or related courses in the past and now would really like to learn it again ie they had calculus but have forgotten much of it...

1. What topics are covered in the physics textbook for high school students?

The textbook covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves, optics, and thermodynamics. It also includes sections on modern physics and applications of physics in everyday life.

2. Is the textbook suitable for students with no prior knowledge of physics?

Yes, the textbook is designed for high school students with no prior knowledge of physics. It starts with the basic concepts and builds upon them gradually to help students understand the more complex topics.

3. Are there any interactive elements in the textbook?

Yes, the textbook includes interactive elements such as diagrams, simulations, and hands-on activities to help students visualize and understand the concepts better.

4. Are there practice problems and exercises included in the textbook?

Yes, the textbook includes practice problems and exercises at the end of each chapter to help students reinforce their understanding of the concepts and improve their problem-solving skills.

5. Is the textbook updated with the latest scientific discoveries and theories?

Yes, the textbook is regularly updated to include the latest scientific discoveries and theories. It also includes real-world examples and applications to help students see the relevance of physics in our everyday lives.