Picture Posting Help - Tips & Tricks

In summary, the poster is asking for help understanding a math problem. They provide a summary of the conversation, explaining that there is no angle given and that everything is in the picture. They then provide a summary of how to find the gravitational acceleration with an angle and initial velocity.
G Lenny
Help with the picture posted!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 6.47.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 6.47.37 PM.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 490
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there an angle given? if not, maybe use those tiny dots and create a triangle and take the tangent inverse to find the angle. Then break the problem up into its x and y components

isukatphysics69 said:
Is there an angle given? if not, maybe use those tiny dots and create a triangle and take the tangent inverse to find the angle. Then break the problem up into its x and y components
There is no angle give, everything that I have is in the picture.

Yes so i haven't looked closely but if those tiny dots are equivalent distances i.e 1 unit each then try finding the angle using the tangent inverse after creating a triangle somewhere.

Then you can create your x and y components

isukatphysics69 said:
Yes so i haven't looked closely but if those tiny dots are equivalent distances i.e 1 unit each then try finding the angle using the tangent inverse after creating a triangle somewhere.
Alright. I got 114 for the whole bottom and 46 for the height. The max height would be at 114/2=57. Arctan(46/57)=38.904deg

isukatphysics69 said:
How would I go about finding gravitational acceleration with an angle and initial velocity?

G Lenny said:
Alright. I got 114 for the whole bottom and 46 for the height. The max height would be at 114/2=57. Arctan(46/57)=38.904deg
That’s the angle from origin to peak, not the same as initial angle.

Anyway I wouldn’t do it that way. I would say pretend the initial angle θ and gravity strength g are known, then answer two questions: What is the max height in terms of θ and g? What is the final position in terms of θ and g?
If you can solve those two questions, then equate them with 46 and 114 meters, then you will have two equations in two unknowns (θ and g) and so can solve for g.

Likes isukatphysics69
G Lenny said:
How would I go about finding gravitational acceleration with an angle and initial velocity?
hint: gravity points down use your coordinate axis and break up components

Nathanael said:
That’s the angle from origin to peak, not the same as initial angle.

Anyway I wouldn’t do it that way. I would say pretend the initial angle θ and gravity strength g are known, then answer two questions: What is the max height in terms of θ and g? What is the final position in terms of θ and g?
If you can solve those two questions, then equate them with 46 and 114 meters, then you will have two equations in two unknowns (θ and g) and so can solve for g.
I can't think what equations would give me max height in terms of theta and g and final position in terms of theta and g.

This thread is wrong in several ways:
  • Threads posted in the Homework Help forums need to follow the HH rules.
  • That means that the OP (original poster) needs to post using the HH Template they are provided and fill it out, showing the Relevant Equations and showing their Attempt at the Solution
  • Without a Template filled out showing the effort of the poster to try to solve the problem, it is against the PF rules to provide help. Please "Report" such OPs with no effort shown. Please do not respond with help.
@G Lenny -- check your private messages in a few minutes...

Last edited:
@G Lenny -- Please re-post and fill out the Template that you are provided when starting a new schoolwork thread. This includes the sections on the Relevant Equations, and your Attempt at a Solution. Thank you.

Related to Picture Posting Help - Tips & Tricks

1. How do I resize images for posting?

To resize an image for posting, you can use photo editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP. These programs allow you to adjust the dimensions of your image to fit the posting requirements. Alternatively, you can use online image resizing tools like PicResize or ResizeImage.net.

2. What is the best file format for posting pictures?

The most commonly used file format for posting pictures is JPEG. This format offers a good balance between file size and image quality. However, if you need a transparent background or want to preserve the highest quality, PNG is a better option.

3. How can I improve the quality of my posted pictures?

To improve the quality of your posted pictures, you can try adjusting the brightness, contrast, and saturation levels using photo editing software. You can also consider using a higher resolution image or using filters to enhance the colors and details of your picture.

4. Can I post pictures from my phone?

Yes, you can post pictures from your phone. Most social media platforms have mobile apps that allow you to upload pictures directly from your phone's camera roll. You can also email the picture to yourself and save it to your computer for posting.

5. How do I ensure my pictures are not distorted when posted?

To avoid distortion of your pictures when posted, make sure to check the recommended image dimensions and file size for the platform you are using. You should also resize or crop your images accordingly before posting. Additionally, avoid using low-quality images as they may appear blurry or pixelated when posted.