Pivot Angled Bolt: Find the Right Solution for Mark

In summary, the conversation is about a person named Mark looking for a specific type of bolt that pivots midway like a hinge, as well as a pivoting pipe. The other person in the conversation is trying to clarify if Mark wants a pivot like a hinge or a swivel. They also suggest a possible solution, a bolt with threading on both ends around the size of M4.
mark g
Hi All.

I am not sure if this is the right section for this but I will ask anyway. I am looking for a bolt that pivots midway like a hinge. I have seen them before but I don't know what they are called and cannot find any on-line. Alternatively does anyone know of a pivoting pipe?

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I haven't heard of such a bolt, but I'll snoop around. About the pipe... do you mean pivot like a hinge, or swivel?

mark g said:
Hi All.

I am not sure if this is the right section for this but I will ask anyway. I am looking for a bolt that pivots midway like a hinge. I have seen them before but I don't know what they are called and cannot find any on-line. Alternatively does anyone know of a pivoting pipe?

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark.

Something like this?

http://www.lamontagencies.co.uk/images/11550.gif
11550.gif

Something like the pic above except threaded on both ends so I can attach a nut. Something around the M4 size Would be perfect.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. It sounds like you are looking for a type of bolt known as a pivot angled bolt. These bolts are designed to pivot at a specific angle, similar to a hinge, in order to provide flexibility in certain applications.

There are a few different types of pivot angled bolts available on the market, so it may be helpful to do some research and compare different options to find the right solution for your specific needs. Some common types include pivot angle bolts with a fixed or adjustable angle, as well as those with different thread sizes and materials.

In terms of finding these bolts online, it may be helpful to search for specific terms such as "pivot angled bolt" or "hinged bolt" to narrow down your search. Additionally, you may want to consult with a hardware or construction supply store for more specialized options.

In regards to your question about a pivoting pipe, there are also options available for this type of application. One example is a swivel pipe joint, which allows for rotation and movement in a pipe system.

I hope this information helps guide you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or need more specific recommendations, please don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck in finding the right solution for your project.

Sincerely,

1. What is a pivot angled bolt?

A pivot angled bolt is a type of bolt that is designed to pivot or rotate at a specific angle, typically between 30-45 degrees. This allows for more versatile and customizable solutions for various applications.

2. What are the benefits of using a pivot angled bolt?

Using a pivot angled bolt can provide several benefits, such as increased stability and strength, improved load distribution, and the ability to adjust the angle for a more precise fit. It can also save time and reduce the need for additional components.

3. How do I determine the right solution for my specific application?

The right solution for your application will depend on several factors, including the weight and load requirements, the desired angle, and the type of materials being used. It is best to consult with a professional or conduct thorough research to ensure the best solution for your specific needs.

4. Are pivot angled bolts suitable for all types of materials?

Pivot angled bolts are suitable for a wide range of materials, including metal, wood, and plastic. However, it is important to consider the weight and load requirements, as well as the compatibility of the materials with the bolt, to ensure the best results.

5. Can pivot angled bolts be used in both residential and industrial applications?

Yes, pivot angled bolts can be used in both residential and industrial applications. They are commonly used in construction, furniture assembly, and other industrial settings, but can also be used for household projects and DIY projects.