Plain latex code not working in Physics forum

In summary: I used it in my code to show the user the content is plain text and not LaTeX.In summary, The tex file is not accepted here.
Pushoam
I have written a solution of problem in LYX.
I exported the lyx code as latex plain code.
I opened the latex plain code in Tex studio and copied it and pasted it in Physics forum
and it didn't work.
Can anyone please tell me what should I do?
Should I again type the latex code here i.e.Physics Forum?
I am attaching the Latex code and corresponding pdf.

The tex file is not accepted here.So, attaching images.
first1.png
2nd.png
first.png

Attachments

• second.png
    second.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 3rd.png
    3rd.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 502
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at the first thread in the Math and Latex forum? It should explain what you need to do.

Usually we must use double # or double $ before and after each expression so that mathjax can identify it.

Last edited:
Likes Pushoam
I don't think MathJax supports LaTeX commands that are associated with creating complete documents: \documentclass, \usepackage, etc. (which I see in your screenshots but are not in the list of supported commands:

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#supported-latex-commands

MathJax is intended for including individual equations in HTML pages, not for producing/presenting complete LaTeX documents.

Likes Pushoam
jtbell said:
I don't think MathJax supports LaTeX commands that are associated with creating complete documents: \documentclass, \usepackage, etc. (which I see in your screenshots but are not in the list of supported commands:

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#supported-latex-commands

MathJax is intended for including individual equations in HTML pages, not for producing/presenting complete LaTeX documents.

##\require{cancel}\cancel{ \text{Buffu} } ## I am no expert but I can use cancel package by using command ##\text{\require}##.

Likes jedishrfu
Wow! That's one way of banning yourself in text with a flair while not really banning yourself from PF.

Pretty cool, I didn't notice that tag before. I guess you'd use it to cancel terms and factors.

Likes Buffu
jedishrfu said:
Wow! That's one way of banning yourself in text with a flair while not really banning yourself from PF.

Pretty cool, I didn't notice that tag before. I guess you'd use it to cancel terms and factors.
'
I did not know strikeout means banned from PF.

1. Why is my plain latex code not working in the Physics forum?

There could be several reasons why your plain latex code is not working in the Physics forum. Some common reasons include incorrect syntax, missing packages, or compatibility issues with the forum's latex rendering engine. It is also possible that the forum does not support latex at all.

2. How can I fix my latex code for the Physics forum?

First, make sure your latex code follows the correct syntax and includes all necessary packages. You can also try using a latex previewer or compiler to check for any errors. If the problem persists, you can reach out to the forum moderators or other users for assistance.

3. Is there a specific latex format that the Physics forum accepts?

While most forums have their own set of rules and guidelines for using latex, there is no universal format that all forums accept. It is best to check the forum's guidelines or ask the moderators for their preferred format.

4. Can I use latex in all sections of the Physics forum?

It depends on the specific forum and its guidelines. Some forums may only allow latex in certain sections, such as the math or physics sections. Others may allow latex in all sections but have restrictions on the complexity or length of the code. It is best to check the forum's guidelines before using latex.

5. Are there any alternative ways to display equations and symbols in the Physics forum?

Yes, some forums may have their own equation editor or allow for the use of other markup languages such as MathML. You can also use images or screenshots of equations and symbols as a last resort. However, latex is generally the preferred method for displaying mathematical equations in online forums.