Planning on Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautics.

In summary, if you plan on pursuing a master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering, it would be best to obtain a bachelor's degree in a related field such as physics or engineering. While some schools may offer Mechanical engineering as a BSc, it may be difficult to get into and it would be challenging to catch up on prerequisite courses with just a bachelor's in Mathematics.
magimag
I'm planning on going to USA in school. If I take BSc in Mathematics is it possible for me to go to Aerospace engineering as major or Mechanical? I have searched many schools and some of them teach Mechanical as BSc. But if I will not get into school that teaches Mechanical engineering can I take BSc in Mathematics and go on from there?

Sorry I'm not so good in english but I hope you get what I'm trying to say :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Getting a master's degree in engineering will be difficult with just a bachelor's in mathematics. There would be a prohibitive amount of catch-up needed for prerequisite classes in physics and science.

To get a master's in enginering, you'll need a bachelor's in physics or engineering.

Related to Planning on Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautics.

1. What is the difference between mechanical engineering and aeronautics?

Mechanical engineering involves the design, development, and maintenance of mechanical systems such as engines, machinery, and structures. Aeronautics, on the other hand, specifically focuses on the design and construction of aircraft and spacecraft.

2. What skills are important for someone pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautics?

Strong math and physics skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail are all crucial for success in these fields. Additionally, proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software and knowledge of materials science are also important for mechanical engineering and aeronautics.

3. What career opportunities are available for graduates with a degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautics?

Graduates with a degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautics can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and defense. Some common job titles include mechanical engineer, aerospace engineer, design engineer, and project manager.

4. What are some challenges that mechanical engineers and aeronautics professionals face?

These fields involve working with complex systems and technologies, so one of the main challenges is to constantly adapt and keep up with advancements in the industry. Additionally, projects may have tight deadlines and require collaboration with other team members, making strong communication and time management skills crucial.

5. How can I prepare for a degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautics?

Taking courses in math, physics, and computer science in high school can provide a strong foundation for these fields. It's also beneficial to gain hands-on experience through internships or extracurricular activities, such as robotics clubs or engineering programs. Additionally, researching and familiarizing oneself with the industry and its latest developments can help prepare for a degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautics.