Please help. (is this safe for human consumption?)

• Thread starter mwnp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, the individual is seeking information about the safety of a product and its potential use for treating excessive sweating caused by a medical condition. They mention having had a sympathectomy and experiencing negative side effects. They also mention a website with other individuals who have had the same procedure. The conversation ends with a suggestion to consult a physician for medical advice and the thread being closed.
mwnp
I need to know if this stuff

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=8809762&pfx

is safe for human consumption. Camphoric acid is supposed to stop sweating in wasting conditions. I had a sympathectomy and can't go outside in the summer without looking like I climbed out of a pool in 20 minutes.

There is a website with almost 700 members that have had this done to them. It's terrible. We're looking for some kind of relief from our side effects.

Thank you for your time.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
mwnp said:

is safe for human consumption. Camphoric acid is supposed to stop sweating in wasting conditions. I had a sympathectomy and can't go outside in the summer without looking like I climbed out of a pool in 20 minutes.

There is a website with almost 700 members that have had this done to them. It's terrible. We're looking for some kind of relief from our side effects.

Thank you for your time.

Ask your physician.

mwnp said:

Thank you for your time.

We cannot provide medical advice here on the PF. Please do as suggested, and see your physician. Thread closed.

Related to Please help. (is this safe for human consumption?)

1. Is this product safe for human consumption?

The safety of a product for human consumption depends on a variety of factors, such as the ingredients used, the dosage, and any potential allergens. It is important to always read the label and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.

2. How can I determine if a product is safe for human consumption?

To determine the safety of a product for human consumption, you can research the ingredients and their potential side effects. You can also check for any certifications or approvals from regulatory agencies, such as the FDA or USDA.

3. What should I do if I experience any adverse reactions after consuming a product?

If you experience any adverse reactions after consuming a product, stop using it immediately and seek medical attention. It is also important to report your experience to the manufacturer and any relevant regulatory agencies.

4. Are there any potential risks associated with consuming this product?

There may be potential risks associated with consuming any product, especially if you have underlying health conditions or allergies. It is important to thoroughly research the product and consult with a healthcare professional before consuming it.

5. Can I trust the safety of products from this specific brand or manufacturer?

The safety of a product is not solely determined by the brand or manufacturer. It is important to research the ingredients and any potential risks associated with the product itself. However, reputable brands and manufacturers often have strict quality control measures in place to ensure the safety of their products.

Back