What Material Can Quickly Absorb and Release Heat for Thermal Projects?

In summary, Osher is looking for a material with good thermal conductivity and good heat capacity. He is also looking for a material with a good contact surface area.
Osher
Hello all and thanks from advance,
1.I'm looking for a certain kind of material for a project of mine that can quickly absorb heat and in the same time quickly realesing (I guess that's the right term) heat. Of course it's all based on diffrent parameters, but I'm sure there is a better material for that purpose, I only don't know one.
I've been playing around with stainless steel it's pretty good, but the amount of heat the metal absorbers ,in my case hot water , is minor and I'm looking for something better.
Thanks a lot from advance to all helpers hope that someone has an answer,
Osher,

Engineering news on Phys.org
Google 'thermal conductivity' and 'heat capacity', read up so you can ask us more specific questions :smile:

Likes Osher
billy_joule said:
thermal conductivity

Thanks il check, but I'm sure in general there are better materials then others

Osher said:
Thanks il check, but I'm sure in general there are better materials than others

Of course there are. . As it is, it sounds like you'd like something with good thermal conductivity. I can't parse the quote below so can't tell what else you'd like. You need to define what it is you need with the correct terms.
Osher said:
I've been playing around with stainless steel it's pretty good, but the amount of heat the metal absorbers ,in my case hot water , is minor and I'm looking for something better.

Likes Osher
billy_joule said:
Of course there are. . As it is, it sounds like you'd like something with good thermal conductivity. I can't parse the quote below so can't tell what else you'd like. You need to define what it is you need with the correct terms.

Of course man fully understandable Il dig in and let you know thanks for your time and help man fully appreciate best day :)

Osher said:
I'm looking for a certain kind of material for a project of mine that can quickly absorb heat and in the same time quickly realesing (I guess that's the right term) heat.
The rate of heat transfer is decided by the contact surface area. Water has a greater heat capacity per unit volume than metals including iron.

Maybe you should consider using a wax or fat that stores energy in a phase change at the temperature you will be operating. By distributing that material in thin walled flat tubes you will have the greatest thermal energy storage capacity and the greatest transfer rate.

1. What type of material are you looking for?

I am looking for a specific type of material for my research or experiment. This could include a chemical, substance, or element.

2. Can you provide more details about the material you need?

In order for me to effectively assist, I will need more information about the material you are looking for. This could include its properties, uses, or any other relevant details.

3. Where have you already searched for this material?

I have searched through various databases, scientific journals, and online resources to try and find the material I need. However, I have not been successful in finding it.

4. Are there any specific requirements or specifications for the material?

Yes, there may be certain requirements or specifications that the material needs to meet for my research or experiment. This could include purity, grade, or quantity.

5. Is there a deadline for when you need this material?

Yes, there is a deadline for when I need this material. It is important for the success of my research or experiment and I am hoping to find it as soon as possible.