Please help me solve this % numerical chemistry problem

In summary, the problem involves finding the value of x so that a final mixture with 30% sulphuric acid (by mass) is obtained when a 150g solution with 20% sulphuric acid (by mass) is mixed with x grams of a 70% sulphuric acid (by mass) solution. The problem does not provide any relevant equations and the person has tried using the c1v1 and unitary method but was unsuccessful. They are asked to provide their reasoning and not just a list of numbers, and to type in their work instead of using images. Additionally, they are reminded to focus their smart phone camera when taking pictures.
Ifrah tahir
Homework Statement
150g of a solution which is 20% sulphuric acid (by mass) are added to x grams of a solution which is 70% sulphuric acid (by mass). What must be the value of x so that the final mixture shall contain 30% sulphuric acid (by mass)?
Relevant Equations
None
I've tried both c1v1 and unitary method but couldn't solve

Attachments

• 20200204_092502.jpg
    20200204_092502.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 163
Physics news on Phys.org
Ifrah tahir said:
Homework Statement:: 150g of a solution which is 20% sulphuric acid (by mass) are added to x grams of a solution which is 70% sulphuric acid (by mass). What must be the value of x so that the final mixture shall contain 30% sulphuric acid (by mass)?
Relevant Equations:: None

I've tried both c1v1 and unitary method but couldn't solve
Your attempt is just a lot of numbers. Please provide your reasoning.
Take the trouble to type in your work. Images are just for diagrams and printed text.

Also, there is a way to make your smart phone camera focus.

1. What is the first step in solving a numerical chemistry problem?

The first step in solving a numerical chemistry problem is to carefully read and understand the given question. This will help you identify the relevant information and the type of problem you are dealing with.

2. What are the most common units used in numerical chemistry problems?

The most common units used in numerical chemistry problems are grams (g), moles (mol), liters (L), and molar mass (g/mol). It is important to pay attention to the units when solving a problem to ensure correct calculations.

3. How do I know which formula to use in a numerical chemistry problem?

To determine which formula to use, first identify the type of problem (e.g. stoichiometry, molarity, gas laws) and then refer to your notes or textbook for the appropriate formula. If you are still unsure, ask your teacher or a classmate for assistance.

4. What should I do if I get stuck on a numerical chemistry problem?

If you get stuck on a numerical chemistry problem, try breaking it down into smaller parts and solving each part individually. You can also refer to your notes or textbook, or ask your teacher or a classmate for help.

5. Why is it important to show all work when solving a numerical chemistry problem?

Showing all work in a numerical chemistry problem is important because it allows you to track your thought process and identify any errors. It also helps your teacher understand how you arrived at your answer and provide feedback on your problem-solving skills.