Please recommend the best book on Modern Physics.

In summary, the best book on Modern Physics is subjective and can vary depending on personal interests and preferences. Some popular choices include "Introduction to Modern Physics" by John R. Taylor and Chris D. Zafiratos, "Modern Physics" by Kenneth S. Krane, and "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser. A book on Modern Physics should cover topics such as relativity, quantum mechanics, nuclear physics, particle physics, and cosmology, as well as include real-world applications and examples. While having a basic understanding of physics can be helpful, it is not necessary to have a background in physics to read a book on Modern Physics. Some books may recommend a background in calculus and introductory physics, but there are
rar0308
Please recommend Modern Physics book which is good for a student. Not taking a course
about the subject. I don't agree with comments like get a book for each subject. I want to know Modern Physics at level of sophomore. Is there a book like Griffith's Electrodynamics or Halliday's Fundamentals of physics, which is popular and extremely readable and has a bunch of examples and problems?
I searched about this but I can't find strong recommendation.

Physics news on Phys.org
try "Modern Physics" by Krane. the writer is in triangle of Resnick-Halliday-Krane. the contains a good theory on the subject.

Related to Please recommend the best book on Modern Physics.

1. What is the best book on Modern Physics?

The best book on Modern Physics is subjective and can vary depending on personal interests and preferences. However, some popular choices among scientists and students include "Introduction to Modern Physics" by John R. Taylor and Chris D. Zafiratos, "Modern Physics" by Kenneth S. Krane, and "Concepts of Modern Physics" by Arthur Beiser.

2. What topics should be covered in a book on Modern Physics?

A book on Modern Physics should cover a wide range of topics including relativity, quantum mechanics, nuclear physics, particle physics, and cosmology. It should also include real-world applications and examples to help readers understand the concepts better.

3. Is it necessary to have a background in physics to read a book on Modern Physics?

While having a basic understanding of physics can certainly help, it is not necessary to have a background in physics to read a book on Modern Physics. Many books on this topic are written for a general audience and use layman's terms to explain complex concepts.

4. Are there any recommended prerequisites for reading a book on Modern Physics?

Some books on Modern Physics may recommend having a background in calculus and introductory physics. However, there are also books that cater to readers with no prior knowledge in these subjects. It is important to check the book's description and reviews to find one that suits your level of understanding.

5. How can I choose the best book on Modern Physics for my needs?

To choose the best book on Modern Physics for your needs, consider your level of understanding, areas of interest, and preferred writing style. Reading reviews and book descriptions can also help you make an informed decision. It may also be helpful to consult with a professor or fellow scientist for recommendations.