Plot Mesh Tally with MCNP - Help request from Carla

• Thread starter carlepy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnp Plot
In summary, the conversation is about a person having trouble plotting their mesh tally in MCNPX. They have tried using gridconv and Tecplot, but are still having difficulty. They are seeking help and wondering if the tally mesh is defined in the MCNPX platform.
carlepy
TL;DR Summary
mcnp mesh tally plot help
hi dears

I am trying to plot my mesh tally with no success.
Try it on vised (no tally no plot) and on promt (see photo)...
if anyone can give an insight is highly appreciated.

tks
Carla
error.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
Dear Carla
Mesh tally in MCNPX or higher versions are plotted using the gridconv first to make a dat file of your input. Then you must use Tecplot to be able to plot your mesh tally.

HII I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL,
please can you help me i have a question.
is tally mech defined in the MCNPX platform?

QERQOURI assiya said:
HII I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL,
please can you help me i have a question.
is tally mech defined in the MCNPX platform?
Welcome to PF. :smile:

Please start a new thread with your new question, instead of adding it onto the end of this 2-year-old thread. When you start the new thread, include more information on what you know so far and what you have tried. Thank you.

What is MCNP?

MCNP (Monte Carlo N-Particle) is a computer code used for simulating the transport of particles through matter. It is commonly used in nuclear engineering, medical physics, and other fields to model the behavior of neutrons, photons, and electrons.

What is a "Plot Mesh Tally" in MCNP?

A "Plot Mesh Tally" is a type of output in MCNP that allows users to visualize the results of their simulation on a 3D mesh grid. This can be useful for analyzing the distribution of particles or energy deposition throughout a system.

How do I request help with Plot Mesh Tally in MCNP?

To request help with Plot Mesh Tally in MCNP, you can reach out to the MCNP user community through the official MCNP forum or email list. You can also consult the MCNP user manual or seek assistance from experienced MCNP users.

What are some common issues when using Plot Mesh Tally in MCNP?

Some common issues when using Plot Mesh Tally in MCNP include incorrect input parameters, convergence problems, and difficulties interpreting the results. It is important to carefully review the input file and consult the user manual for troubleshooting tips.

Can Plot Mesh Tally be used for any type of simulation in MCNP?

Yes, Plot Mesh Tally can be used for any type of simulation in MCNP that involves the transport of particles. However, it is important to note that the accuracy and usefulness of the results will depend on the quality of the input parameters and the complexity of the simulation.