Portable Phone Charger (Power Bank)

In summary, the conversation is about designing a portable phone charger or power bank using a Li-Ion battery and interchangeable male connectors for different phone models. The person is seeking a basic circuit design and information on common specifications and regulations for charging smart phones. However, it is suggested to purchase a ready-made product for convenience and safety.
jaroszdale
I am interested in designing my own portable phone charger or power bank. I would ideally like to use a Li-Ion battery and be able to have interchangeable male connectors depending on what phone I have at the time (ie iPhone 4s, android, galaxy, etc). Can someone please provide a basic circuit design that would allow me to do this along with an explanation of what is going on. Is there common specs or regulations that most smart phones have when it comes to charging (ie common voltage, current, etc to the phone battery). Please HELP!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi jaroszdale! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

jaroszdale said:
I am interested in designing
:cool:

someone please provide a basic circuit design
:smile:

It will be much cheaper to buy one ready-made. It will be safe to use, and it will come with a guarantee...

A factory product will save you time and trouble.

I'm sure there are lots of other electronics projects you'd like to explore.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does a portable phone charger (power bank) work?

A portable phone charger, also known as a power bank, works by storing electrical energy in a built-in battery. When a phone or other device is connected to the power bank via a USB cable, the stored energy is transferred to the device, providing it with power to charge.

2. How long does it take to charge a phone with a portable phone charger?

The charging time for a phone using a portable phone charger can vary depending on the capacity of the power bank and the phone's battery capacity. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours to fully charge a phone with a power bank.

3. Can a portable phone charger charge multiple devices at once?

Yes, many portable phone chargers have multiple USB ports, allowing them to charge multiple devices at the same time. However, charging multiple devices simultaneously may reduce the charging speed.

4. How do I know when my portable phone charger is fully charged?

Most portable phone chargers have LED indicators that show the charging status. When the power bank is fully charged, all the LED lights will turn off. Some power banks may also have a display screen that shows the exact percentage of battery life remaining.

5. How many times can a portable phone charger charge my phone?

The number of times a portable phone charger can charge a phone depends on its capacity and the phone's battery capacity. Generally, a power bank with a higher capacity can charge a phone multiple times. For example, a 10000mAh power bank can charge an average smartphone 2-3 times.