Power System Simulation Program for To Control System Freque

In summary, the conversation discussed the need to simulate a power system and measure system frequency and voltage. The person was unsure of how to do this using MATLAB and PowerWorld and asked for recommendations for simulation programs. Two options were provided, but it was noted that obtaining data for the grid may be difficult due to security measures. Other generic test systems were also suggested as alternatives.
TMoE55
Hello.

I need to simulate a power system including conventional generators, loads and wind farm. I want to measure system frequency and voltage esspecially. According to these values for any kind unwanted of voltage and frequency changes circuit breaker should be opened and wind farm will be disconnected from the grid.

But I could not find a kind of simulation program or I do not know how to do it with MATLAB and PowerWorld.

How can I simulate the system? Which program should I use?

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:
Here are a couple that the professionals use. But that may not help. To use these programs you need lots of data for the topology and parameters of the grid in your area. All that data used to be open, but after 911 it is secret to prevent terrorists from using iT.

http://w3.siemens.com/smartgrid/global/en/products-systems-solutions/software-solutions/planning-data-management-software/planning-simulation/pages/pss-e.aspx

http://support.neplan.ch/html/e/e_PowerSystems_Overview_default_desktop.htm

But you can go here to find some generic test systems

http://www2.ee.washington.edu/research/pstca/

1. What is the Power System Simulation Program for To Control System Frequency (PSSPF)?

The PSSPF is a computer program used by power system engineers to simulate and analyze the behavior of electrical systems in order to regulate the frequency of the system.

2. How does PSSPF work?

PSSPF uses mathematical models to simulate the response of the power system to changes in frequency. It takes into account factors such as generator dynamics, load characteristics, and control systems to accurately predict the system's behavior.

3. What are the benefits of using PSSPF?

Using PSSPF allows engineers to study the behavior of the power system under different conditions and make informed decisions about system design and operation. It also helps in identifying potential issues and optimizing system performance.

4. Is PSSPF used for all types of power systems?

PSSPF is mainly used for large interconnected power systems, but it can also be used for smaller systems with appropriate modifications. It is commonly used in transmission and distribution systems.

5. Can PSSPF be used for real-time control of power systems?

No, PSSPF is primarily used for simulation and analysis purposes. However, the information and insights gained from PSSPF can be used to inform real-time control decisions by power system operators.