Predictions for the 2022 Physics Nobel Prize

In summary, the Nobel Prize in Physics is one of the five Nobel Prizes established by Alfred Nobel in 1895 and is awarded annually to scientists who have made outstanding contributions to the field of physics. The 2022 Nobel Prize in Physics will be announced in October of 2022, with the exact date yet to be determined by the Nobel Committee. Eligible winners must be nominated by qualified individuals and the nominations and selection process is confidential. Some potential contenders for the 2022 prize include researchers in areas such as quantum computing, astrophysics, and particle physics. The Nobel Committee at the Swedish Academy of Sciences selects the recipients and their discussions and nominations are kept confidential for 50 years.
Suekdccia
Summary: Predictions for the 2022 Physics Nobel Prize

As the Nobel week is coming closer, what are your predictions for this year Nobel Prize in physics?

Physics news on Phys.org
I predict that I will not win one.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Likes Demystifier, Wrichik Basu, Twigg and 5 others
Dale said:
I predict that I will not win one.
Me too (not two).

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu and Dale
This year I think it will be something applied/technical given that there has been only fundamental physics prizes from 2019

Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future.
- N. Bohr

• Haha
Likes Dale
BillTre said:
Me too (not two).
Me tree (not three).

Likes BillTre
Demystifier said:
Me tree (not three).
Me ...Fore!

Likes BillTre

What is the Nobel Prize in Physics?

The Nobel Prize in Physics is one of the five Nobel Prizes established by Alfred Nobel in 1895. It is awarded annually to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the field of physics.

When will the 2022 Physics Nobel Prize be announced?

The 2022 Physics Nobel Prize will be announced in October 2022. The exact date is typically not announced until a few days before the announcement.

Who decides the winners of the Physics Nobel Prize?

The winners of the Physics Nobel Prize are decided by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences based on nominations from previous Nobel laureates, scientists, and other qualified individuals.

What are some potential predictions for the 2022 Physics Nobel Prize?

Some potential predictions for the 2022 Physics Nobel Prize include discoveries in quantum computing, gravitational waves, or dark matter. It is also possible that a Nobel Prize may be awarded for a breakthrough in a long-standing problem in physics, such as the Higgs boson or a unified theory of quantum mechanics and general relativity.

Can the Physics Nobel Prize be awarded to more than one person?

Yes, the Physics Nobel Prize can be awarded to up to three individuals who have made significant contributions to the same discovery or invention. In some cases, the prize may also be shared among multiple individuals who have contributed to different aspects of a larger discovery or development.