Problem with PMSM motor model in Simulink

In summary, the speaker has developed a Vector Control for a PMSM motor in Simulink using Simscape Electrical, but the motor is not spinning despite trying various speed values. The error signal tracks the input correctly, but the motor does not move. The speaker is asking for help to analyze their simulation and determine the issue.
Schenk123
TL;DR Summary
Field-oriented controlled PMSM motor won't spin. Motor speed oscillates initially for 1 second but oscillations die at 0 rad/s and have no idea of why this is happening in simulation
Good afternoon,

I have developed a Vector Control for a PMSM motor in Simulink using Simscape Electrical but my motor is not spinning. I have tried applying various speed values but nothing happens. I am applying a step signal from 0 to 300 but the motor speed still doesn't move. My error signal, however, tracks my input as it should. I do not know what has happened. Could someone look at my simulation and tell me what is going on ? My simulink can be downloaded from my OneDrive and the screenshots of my signals are attached.

Simulink File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkE9jIQZ7btg33sjTBLiQkBkyKd?e=KlvTet

Attachments

• d_current_and_q_current.png
    d_current_and_q_current.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Input_&_Measured_Speed.png
    Input_&_Measured_Speed.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 200
  • FOC_Simscape.png
    FOC_Simscape.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 2LevelInverter.png
    2LevelInverter.png
    25 KB · Views: 190
Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you show graphs for both voltage and current waveforms at the motor?

Then it is a matter of signal tracing to see where it isn't doing what you think it is!

1. What is a PMSM motor model in Simulink?

A PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous motor) model in Simulink is a mathematical representation of a PMSM motor that can be used to simulate its behavior in a control system. It takes into account the motor's physical parameters, such as winding resistance, inductance, and inertia, to accurately predict its performance.

2. What are some common problems with PMSM motor models in Simulink?

Some common problems with PMSM motor models in Simulink include inaccurate results, difficulty in modeling complex motor configurations, and difficulty in accounting for non-linearities in the motor's behavior.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with my PMSM motor model in Simulink?

To troubleshoot issues with a PMSM motor model in Simulink, you can start by checking the model's parameters to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date. You can also perform sensitivity analyses and compare the model's results to real-world data to identify any discrepancies.

4. Are there any tips for improving the accuracy of a PMSM motor model in Simulink?

Yes, there are several tips for improving the accuracy of a PMSM motor model in Simulink. These include accurately modeling the motor's physical parameters, using advanced modeling techniques such as flux linkage modeling, and incorporating non-linearities into the model.

5. Can I use a PMSM motor model in Simulink for real-time simulations?

Yes, it is possible to use a PMSM motor model in Simulink for real-time simulations, but it may require additional hardware and software resources. It is important to carefully consider the model's complexity and the available resources before attempting real-time simulations.