Procedural grounds meaning

In summary, procedural grounds refers to the legal basis for a decision or ruling that is based on the correct procedures being followed. In the context of the conversation, it means that Butler's appeal was unsuccessful because his defense attorney did not raise the issue in an earlier appeal, which was deemed to be a procedural error.
askingquestion
Multiple thread starts on the same question are not allowed
What is the meaning of the expression procedural grounds in the text:
Butler attended Boise State University for a year.[9] In 1991, Butler was convicted of assault during his freshman year of college.[5] His appeal was unsuccessful on procedural grounds, as a judge ruled that Butler's defense attorney did not raise the issue in an earlier appeal. The Idaho State Penitentiary paroled Butler on 26 April 1995.[10]
?
I an not native English so I need explanation please.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you already asked this question and received answers, no?

askingquestion said:
Butler attended Boise State University for a year. In 1991, Butler was convicted of assault during his freshman year of college. His appeal was unsuccessful or procedural grounds, as a judge ruled that Butler's defense attorney did not raise the issue in an earlier appeal. The Idaho State Penitentiary paroled Butler on 26 April 1995.

What is the meaning of procedural ground?
(I am not English Native, so I need explanation).
Thank you in advance.

Yes. Please delete it. Sorry.

How can I the see the orginal question.

askingquestion said:
How can I the see the orginal question.
Click the little up-arrow symbol in the upper left of the quote box that I posted. That takes you to that quote in your previous thread. This duplicate thread is now closed.

Likes askingquestion and Bystander

1. What is the definition of "procedural grounds"?

Procedural grounds refer to the rules and procedures that govern the conduct of legal proceedings. These rules ensure that the legal process is fair and consistent for all parties involved.

2. How do procedural grounds impact legal cases?

Procedural grounds can have a significant impact on legal cases as they determine how evidence is gathered, presented, and evaluated. They also dictate the timeline and process for filing legal documents and motions.

3. What are some examples of procedural grounds?

Examples of procedural grounds include jurisdiction, standing, due process, and the rules of evidence. These rules vary depending on the type of case and the court in which it is being heard.

4. How do procedural grounds differ from substantive grounds?

Procedural grounds relate to the process and procedures of a legal case, while substantive grounds pertain to the actual law and facts of the case. Procedural grounds determine how a case is handled, while substantive grounds determine the outcome.

5. Can procedural grounds be challenged in court?

Yes, procedural grounds can be challenged in court if a party believes that their rights have been violated or that the legal process was not followed correctly. However, these challenges must be based on valid legal arguments and evidence.