Programmable scientific calculator (similar to Casio fx-911se plus)

In summary, the person is looking for a calculator with programming capabilities or the ability to save small expressions. They mention the Casio fx-911es plus but dislike that it clears memory on power off. They ask for help in finding a similar calculator and mention that graphic calculators won't work for exams. The Casio FX115es is suggested but it is not programmable and may also clear memory on power off.
andrepd
Hi. I'm looking for a calculator similar to the Casio fx-911es plus, but with programming capabilities,or at least simply a small expression that I can write and save to. The fx-911 is mostly good, but it annoys me that it clears memory on Power off (minus the 8 variables).

I used to have such a calculator, but it died on me and it isn't sold anymore.

I'd be grateful if somebody could help me. Thanks.

PS: I am currently in freshman year of physics, and graphic calculators won't do in exams.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
What about the Casio FX115es?
Looks like a great little calculator, but is not programmable. I think this one also clears memory on power off. (According to some reviews.)

1. What is a programmable scientific calculator?

A programmable scientific calculator is a type of calculator that allows users to input and store mathematical equations and formulas. This allows for faster and more accurate calculations, as well as the ability to save frequently used equations for future use.

2. How does a programmable scientific calculator differ from a regular calculator?

A regular calculator only allows for basic mathematical operations, while a programmable scientific calculator has the ability to store and recall more complex equations and functions. It also often includes advanced features such as graphing, matrices, and statistical functions.

3. What are the benefits of using a programmable scientific calculator?

There are several benefits to using a programmable scientific calculator, including increased efficiency and accuracy in calculations, the ability to save and reuse equations, and the inclusion of advanced features for more complex calculations.

4. What are some common tasks that can be performed on a programmable scientific calculator?

A programmable scientific calculator can perform a wide range of tasks, including basic arithmetic operations, scientific functions such as logarithms and trigonometric functions, statistical calculations, and graphing of equations and functions.

5. Can a programmable scientific calculator be used for exams and tests?

It depends on the specific exam or test regulations. Some exams may allow the use of programmable calculators, while others may have restrictions on their use. It is important to check with the exam guidelines before using a programmable scientific calculator for an exam or test.