Programming an Arduino Robot to Avoid Obstacles - Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to program an Arduino robot to avoid obstacles by executing a series of actions, including stopping, moving backwards, shifting left or right, and continuing forward. The individual is seeking suggestions for code to use and mentions using an ultrasonic sensor and H bridges. A link to a tutorial on building an obstacle-avoiding Arduino robot is also provided.
Harrison G
I need to program an arduino robot to execute a series of actions when there is an obstacle infront of him. Actions like: stop>go backwards>stop>shift left>go forward>stop>shift right> continue forward. With this the robot will avoid obstacles while keeping his original dirrection. The problem is that i am new in programing and don't know how to do it. Can anybody suggest some code that i can use?

Technology news on Phys.org
Is this an arduino robot that you are building? Or is it a pre-made robot that is in need of some instructions?

If you're building it yourself, what sort of sensors are you using to detect any obstructions in the robots path?

Joppy said:
Is this an arduino robot that you are building? Or is it a pre-made robot that is in need of some instructions?

If you're building it yourself, what sort of sensors are you using to detect any obstructions in the robots path?
Im building it myself, using Ultrasonic sensor to detect obstacles and H bridges to shift the polarity of the motors.

Link works from my PC . If you still can't get to it directly try here

Likes Harrison G
No, its okay, all the links work. Thank you verry much for the answers, i know what i must do now :-)

Strange, i guess my internet dropped out or something, sorry about that.

Anyways, all the best!

1. What is an Arduino robot?

An Arduino robot is a small, programmable robot that is powered by an open-source electronic platform called Arduino. It is designed for beginners to learn about electronics and coding, and can be used for various projects such as robotics, automation, and IoT (Internet of Things).

2. How does an Arduino robot avoid obstacles?

An Arduino robot can avoid obstacles using sensors, such as ultrasonic sensors or infrared sensors, which can detect objects in its path. These sensors provide information to the robot, allowing it to make decisions and change direction to avoid obstacles.

3. What programming language is used for an Arduino robot?

The programming language used for an Arduino robot is called Arduino Programming Language (based on C/C++). It is a simplified version of C/C++ and is easy to learn, making it ideal for beginners.

4. Can I customize the code for my Arduino robot?

Yes, you can customize the code for your Arduino robot. The code is open-source, meaning you can modify it to fit your specific needs or add new features to your robot. There are also plenty of online resources and communities that can help you with customizing your code.

5. Do I need any prior experience to program an Arduino robot?

No, you do not need any prior experience to program an Arduino robot. However, having a basic understanding of electronics and coding can be helpful. There are also many tutorials and guides available online to help beginners get started with programming their Arduino robot.